Grapes can help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapes can help..

I was just reading a book on Ayurvedaic medicine and it speaks of how they help alcoholic thru the first days of stopping..They use GRAPES,any kind of grapes,lbs. and lbs. of grapes.The studies have shown that in a very short time the cravings go away.They say at least 2 weeks of grapes grapes and more grapes.They then say Dates are good for cravings as well as carrot juice..I think that there is great wisdom in that.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Grapes can help..

WOW, that is interesting, Evie! K
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Grapes can help..

Oh, that's why I'm addicted to Shloer Red Grape!!!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Grapes can help..

Vladdie,they are speaking of fresh grapes.Mother nature off the vine..

Comment

Grapes can help..

Oh wow. Thanx for that! I know what i'm going to be stocking up on *lol*

Comment

Grapes can help..

Woot! We're doing garden sharing on my street this week. My neighbor just delivered a nice bunch of grapes from their vines. I walked 2 lbs of tomatoes to a neighbor who lacks a garden. Here in Oregon we've had a cool summer, but warm September, and that's allowed us to finally get home grown stuff that's probably pretty normal for those who live in warm climates.

It's so amazing to taste "real grapes" rather than store ones. My neighbor's grapes are seedless and green, but taste just like those purple concord grapes I tasted when I was a kid.

Comment

Grapes can help..

Thank you Evie
              You are a Wealth of information!
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Grapes can help..

We had a bumper crop of Muscadine grapes..I ate and ate until I can't eat no more .So much better that store bought...No cravings for AL,thats for sure..

Comment

Grapes can help..

After the gym today, I thought of this post, Evielou ..... and I bought grapes too.... in fact, I'll go and get some now that I think of it again! Thanks for that.

Comment

Grapes can help..

I wonder what is in the grapes that helps the cravings? I'm going to get some. The glut under my tongue gets a little yuck after a while!
                    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Grapes can help..

I am wondering if it is the sugars in the grapes, dates and carrot juices that take away cravings? They are all pretty high in sugars. However, it is better than chocolate and icecream

Comment

Grapes can help..

Duh, yeah, the sugars make sense and since I just stuffed my face with too much ice cream it makes even more sense! LOL

Comment

Grapes can help..

:H Ice cream, at least has calcium and vitamin D so don't feel too badly!!!!

Comment

Grapes can help..

LOL, thanks to my Canadian neighbor for that!

Comment

Grapes can help..

I have never eaten a "home grown grape", how sad is that!! Do you guys ever freeze your grapes?? Makes a great snack!!
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X