Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

Would most of you say that you have to hit rock bottom before you decide enough is enough? I know I have a problem and have done some pretty stupid things that have embarrassed me, but I really don't think I've hit bottom yet. I really don't want to have to sink to a lower point to stop. I want to stop now. Just wondering......
    sigpic

Question

"Rock bottom" is wherever you were when you decided you had really had enough. You can decide that any time.

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Question

Hey.
      I'd say it depends on the person. I came here looking for help as i knew i couldn't continue life the way is was. While on this program (after slips) and before finding this site, i thought i'd hit rock bottom but trust me, i hadn't cause i believe i could still have fallen 10 floors down before maybe getting close to it. I think anyone looking for help and finding this site has agreed enough is enough whether or not they have hit it.

Comment

Question

You don't have to reach a lower point to stop. You can do it today. Just for today make a decision to not have a drink. This is a surpriseingly powerful step. What do you think "rock bottom" is for you? Do you have to loose your job? Do you have to loose your spouse? Do you have to have a negative affect on your children? Do you have to suffer serious physical complications? Do you want to suffer psychological issues? I know you want to avoid all those "points" because you are here. Be strong.
        sigpic

Comment

Question

rock bottom, is exactly where you are when you decided to quit drinking, since you felt you cant drink anymore, count yourself lucky that you have made that decision while you feel better than some other alcoholic.
          but still we are all the same. go for it.

Comment

Question

I'm not sure if I hit rock bottom or simply slammed into the word "Done". But I knew for a long time that I was getting worse every day and one day I just accepted that I couldn't do it anymore and really needed help.
            I found it here! :l:h
            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Question

I agree with Maasai and WIP.
              You don't have to be homeless on the pavement to have hit rock bottom. For me it was when i realised that I do not have control over my life anymore. I am slowly climbing my way out of the dark hole I created.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Question

Yes my complete rock bottom got me started here. But then again I had been in that same situation many may times before and every time I said no more no more but then I just recovered and did it all again and again. I dont know what was different that last time but it was just the last straw for me and enough was enough already. I could have sank a whole lot lower but if I waited for that I would probably have been dead and that is the realisation that stopped me. Have you seen the rain in my heart series - which is posted on here. I will bump it for you.
                BH

Comment

Working...
                X