Reasons to Quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons to Quit

I've read the post on "how to know if you are an alcoholic", which was pretty funny, but truly enlightening.

I want to know all of the good things to expect being AF. I've read it before, but need to see it again.
    sigpic

Reasons to Quit

Don't we have a list/thread on this somewhere, already?

Here's a start as to what being AF has given me:

My self-respect has returned.
    I always know what I did last night.
    I am never afraid that I did something shameful, embarrassing, hurtful to myself or others, or otherwise horrifying, without even knowing what the hell it was.
    I can go out in my car in the evenings, and do fun stuff, and I'm not driving drunk.
    I love getting in bed at night, sober, feeling a good kind of tired, and experiencing the pleasant sensatio of falling asleep.
    I enjoy exercise, and enjoy the sensation of living in/with a healthy body.
    There are no bottles hidden around my house, and no need to engage in the stupid empty bottle disposal crap.
    No need to stash breath mints all over the house and car.

And a bunch of others...

wip

Comment

Reasons to Quit

Hey! and (HEY WIP) I am sure we have a list somewhere but i don't mind doing it again.
      Mine are a lot of the simple things.
      ~ Driving home (not be driven home)
      ~ Feeling great at the end of the night
      ~ Watching movies with my hubby and REMEMBERING
      ~ Cuddling, feeding, bathing my baby girl and putting her in her coat with a huge kiss from her proud sobermomma
      ~ COOKING and finishing a meal
      ~ Not waking up feeling crap
      ~ Remembering who you've called, texed, messaged ect ect and knowing you haven't hurt them or made a fool out of yourself
      ~ Weight loss
      ~ Happiness and the proud feeling i have for being sober
      ~ My self respect has also returned. i'm finally happy and relaxed knowing i don't need drink to give me that relxed feeling.
      ~ No more tears, feelings of wanting to die and screaming matches with my hubby infront of my baby girl.
      ~ Knowing i'm finally a good mum and wife.

I could go on and on and on. I a now truely happy with the person i am.

Comment

Reasons to Quit

All of the above plus I can look my daughter in the eyes and feel love and pride rather than guilt and shame.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Reasons to Quit

That's all gotta be worth it!!
          Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
          :h ya
          Trix

Comment

Reasons to Quit

Worry about body/breath odor. (Does every one know but doesn't know what to say?)
            sigpic

Comment

Reasons to Quit

Got teary eyed ready each and every post. Each statement could have been written by me. God, it's so comforting to know that other people feel this way. I am going to print this post and carry it with me today and take it out on my way home from work. If that doesn't stop me from going to the store...nothing will.

What a great thread, thanks.

Comment

Reasons to Quit

Has anyone experienced the "recycle day cringe"? You know, the day the recycle truck comes to your house and all of the neighbors can hear how much glass is in your --not one--but TWO bins? Shameful to say the least!

I can't wait to have a normal recycling bin when AF!

Comment

Reasons to Quit

everyone is saying wonderful things,all is true,but always remember in the back of your mind,over long term abstinance and trust me over time you will,if and i say if,you do happen to fall,the pain begins all over again,be ready to handle it,the fall could be much harder then the 1,2 3,4 and so on times,this is not to make you feel bad, Unwaivering,this i hope will help to make you stonger b4 you take the 1st DRINK,gyco

Comment

Reasons to Quit

Oh where to start.....

Just having my life back excites me everyday.

Learning to be ME

Seeing the respect and love in my husband and daughters eyes again :-)
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Reasons to Quit

SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!
                      "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Reasons to Quit

all of the above .. almost 11 months and going strong
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Reasons to Quit

I feel GREAT in the morning. I feel GREAT at night. I feel GREAT with no guilt in between!

More money
                          Less waist line

omw
                          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Reasons to Quit

Gyco;414612 wrote: everyone is saying wonderful things,all is true,but always remember in the back of your mind,over long term abstinance and trust me over time you will,if and i say if,you do happen to fall,the pain begins all over again,be ready to handle it,the fall could be much harder then the 1,2 3,4 and so on times,this is not to make you feel bad, Unwaivering,this i hope will help to make you stonger b4 you take the 1st DRINK,gyco
                            you beat me to it gyco !! I agree with everyone else too .... It is good for long term abstainers to remember the positives of abstaining ... And the negatives of drinking ....
                            ?We are one another's angels?
                            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Reasons to Quit

I don't drink, but if anyone would like to know i would be happy to give my side of the reasons not to quit. not much different from yours, just a different perspective maybe...

Comment

Working...
                              X