Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie just completed day 3 AF!

I'm pretty new.

After a 5 beer & 1 wine day at an NFL game on Sunday, I'm proud to say I've been AF!

I'm the social-type who drinks, socializes, drinks, forgets about time, drinks.... etc...

Before I used to just drink a couple weekends a month. The past few months I've been drinking 5x a week from 2 glasses of wine to a bottle. I see a bad habit starting that I want to get control of. So here I am. I've read the My Way Out Book and am trying to be AF for as long as possible.

I'm proud to say that last night I went socialized with coworkers and had WATER!! It was hard, and I thought, well just one little glass won't hurt. But, I tried to remember all the posts from the great people here. I thought, I know one glass will turn into two+, and I don't want to wake up feeling bad.

Anyways, thanks to everyone here for sharing. It gives me strength and hope!!

Pnut

Hello and Welcome P
    Way to go!! on 3 days AF. The NFL is a big trigger for me too. I just Love my Beck's beer. Too bad it does not love me back.lol. You are off to a Great start. I am on Day 4 myself, after doing 40 and then being Stupid. We are here for you. I look forward to getting to know you.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Welcome Pnut! Great job on 3 days and turning down that little glass. I'm like you, I can't remember the last time I had "just one".

Comment

Thanks!! I'm really feeling great about things now! I just need to stay strong!

Comment

pnut, congrats on your string of days!! Come check out the monthly abstinence thread, bunch of supportive folks!!

on my way
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Welcome pnut,

After 3 months with MWO, I find that the more I practice saying "no, thanks" and have lots of AF days with the occasional glass of wine, the more that new habit becomes the norm. One of my big triggers was the 5 o'clock "cocktail hour." I never pour a glass of wine then - the few I've had have been with hubby and a meal. Now, it doesn't occur to me to pour anything other than a lemon water or diet tonic/lime cooler if I'm thirsty. It's very liberating. You're doing great - stay with us!!

Vera-b

Comment

Welcome! Great start!
              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

awesome well done stay strong and think positive
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thank you! I was happy to say "No" again tonight at dinner with coworkers. Everyone here inspires me!

I think I'm gonna go check out the monthly abstinence board.

Comment

YOU GO!!!

Comment

Well done!!!

I have the same approach as you when i am in an awkward situation where AL is flowing freely, I think about the advise I have been given here on the boards and talk myself through it.
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Well done Pnut!
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Congratulations, pnut! Welcome!
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Every day you will feel BETTER AND BETTER...It is SOOOO worth it..
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Well done pnut!
                              Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X