1+ Week Feeling Strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1+ Week Feeling Strong

Today is my 9th day AF. The clear headiness is a 'heady' feeling. It's my grand-daughter (she is 7) weekend. It wil be the first weekend in a couple of years that I will remember all the games and snacks we had the night before. It will be so nice not the hear "Don't you remember Grammy?"

I know everyday is a new day. One small thing that has helped me is, that instead of thinking now I have had 8 days Af, I think this is my 9th AF. I don't want to lose the current day.

:happyheart: Thanks all for being here.
    Today is my next day AF.

1+ Week Feeling Strong

That's great! Nothing better than feeling good and having your memory of the night before intact. Enjoy the time with your granddaughter.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

1+ Week Feeling Strong

Great attitude your doing WONDERFULLY...
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

1+ Week Feeling Strong

great job keep it going stay strong and think positive
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

1+ Week Feeling Strong

Thanks lushy, evie, one2 and tlrgs.

One other thing I wanted to say to those in their first week. For me, days 5-7 were very weepy and blue :boohoo:, my patience was nowhere do be found (not even in my pocket, which is where my grand-daughter and I always find it!). But perseverence paid off. I will remember getting through those 2 days when I get there again.
          Today is my next day AF.

Comment

1+ Week Feeling Strong

Good job me2plz,
            Have a wonderful weekend creating memories with your grand daughter! Keep up the good work.
            Help

Comment

1+ Week Feeling Strong

Congratulations! You are doing awesome and it is so great that you can inspire those who will follow you. I know they will appreaciate it.

Comment

1+ Week Feeling Strong

That is very inspiring ..... I can't seem to get past the 5th day .... how did you deal with the first one? Weekends are my downfall.... and I don't seem to have the fortitude to remove myself from participating in enjoying a good wine with dinner with friends. Not sure how to attack this.

Comment

1+ Week Feeling Strong

NewDay - I just had made the decision that the first couple of weekends were going to be 'non-social.' If you read some of my previous posts, you can see the strategy that I used. Most important is that I am done done done with the BEAST and have read a lot of the postings here that help keep me strong.

Also 5 days is nothing to sneeze at. Keep up the good work!
                  Today is my next day AF.

Comment

Working...
                  X