Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been and done, would you say i screwed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You did good with a couple sips. That's just not the same, as the other's said.

Oddly, I haven't had a drink at any event in years. I always had to drive, and just got used to being sober and the designated driver. It's awkward at first, but you get used to it. It's funny after a few times to learn to get your humor simply looking at how badly other people are acting. Also, I tend to leave events a bit early, just because it becomes uninteresting to talk to people when they are drinking.

Comment

Hey!
      :goodjob::thumbs:
      You did great!
      :happyheart::yay::yay:
      Just live your life and do not feel condemmed eh? You did so well and I hope you enjoyed yourself at the wedding!

lots of love!
      :h
      Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
      Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
      For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
      "

Comment

Hi LilM,

I'll join the chorus - you did GREAT!!!! The toasts don't count as drinking in my book, and as has been said here, if they don't lead to opening the booze floodgates, there's nothing to regret. You experienced something most all of us have - feeling (at first) like everyone else who's drinking is having a much better time. The handfull of times I tried being sober at social events I was actually bored - nothing was very interesting sober. Well, that's something we have to get over. The events aren't actually boring or not fun - that's just our perception because we're always in the cups. Since those days, I've found that when I take the time to have a good conversation, or make a point to have fun (dance, tell funny stories, etc) the sobriety only enhances the event. Then, the no-hangover next day is the icing on the cake.

We're all working on separating the booze from the emotion, and that includes fun. We'll learn. Thanks for the reminder. Great job, girlfriend.

Vera-b

Comment

OUTSTANDING

Comment

Awsome! You did great! Be proud of your accomplishment!
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
            X