Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pray?

Hi All -

I'd like to join into the daily prayer for you all but I do not believe in one diety above us lookig upon us and ruling the world. Rather, I believe in the inner power of all of us, coming together as on this site to help one another. That is a powerful equation as well. Hope thats ok
    Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

pray?

Hi all
      thank you for your kind and supportive words....and prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      you will all be in my prayers every day. I love this place!
      raineyjane

Comment

pray?

I believe prayer to be a powerful thing. For me, it is the Universe I speak to. Know that all of you here, as a group have been in my prayers every night since September 6th when I made the strong commitment to get back here and get back on track and start to rejoin this "family".

And I end my prayers each night with my list of things I am thankful for. MWO and all of you are high on that list.

Comment

pray?

Hey thanks guys!
          I think prayer really works.
          Hubby was drinking beer after beer after beer yesterday afternoon and it was tough to not join in but I remembered some things tha AA said yesterday and that you were praying for me and..........
          I ate homemade yeast rolls instead!:H
          They sure did taste good.
          :thanks:
          :hNancy
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

pray?

wow sounthern, that is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!keep it up!

Comment

pray?

Rainy,
              I believe in the power of prayer and will keep you and all in my prayers.
              Help

Comment

pray?

I recently read Eric Clapton's story about his life. ...the loss of his son, his relationships, his alcoholism. He kneels down every night and prays. That's all, nothing fancy. He kneels out of respect. He didn't elaborate much, but when I read it, it made some sense. I am going to start as he did. I don't doubt that there are greater powers who deserve that kind of respect from me. My guess is that the powers are friendly and supportive.

Comment

pray?

Meditation and Prayer

I believe meditation and prayer are similar. I'm fascinated by a study which was done in 1993. (Check out ISTPP: Crime Prevention). Basically, it was a 2-month study done in Washington DC about violent crime. The level of violent crime dropped dramatically with the help of 4000 well-known meditation professionals (big people in the field). Basically, there was a 48% reduction overall in violent crimes. Due to meditation. (Prayer?). Can you imagine? :wings:
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

pray?

I'm on board. I've been praying for myself, but have felt the power of others praying for me. I want to pray for all of you instead of my selfish prayer.
                    MM

Comment

pray?

Me too!

You are all covered!

Nancy

Comment

pray?

From agoodmom!

We are willing!
                        :hNancy

"I am inspired to give this a try. I think the support of the website will be helpful. I don't want to go to AA meetings but need to know I can check in with people and be accountable. Thank you all for your postings and I could use a prayer from anyone who is willing to assist me."

Comment

pray?

What a grand idea! I will also include ALL mwo members in my prayers as well!
                          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Working...
                          X