Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Thursday

Morning all you odaters!

Today is triple digit day for greenie! If I used drink tracker, that would be 100 in a row big fat zeros. Climbing that ladder looking at the rung above and grabbing it one at a time. Oh look! There's a peppermint ice cream cone on this rung! :H

Meet your goal today! You can do it! (And start working on your weekend plan) :l
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

ODAT Thursday

TRIPLE DIGIT?? 100.. ? WOWOWOWOW! Amazing, Incredible, WONDERFUL, Greenie.

As for me... (humble) Day 5. I like your ladder thing. The other day I pictured it as stringing pearls on a necklace, each day being a pearl.

Keeping in mind that a couple pearls on that necklace Still looks better than just a string hanging around your neck! :H

So, now I'll have Five pearls... almost looks good enough to go out in Public!!

(Hmmm - guess this only works for women who like pearls??)

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Pearls! What a lovely thought!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Savon, I like your pearl idea. Maybe start with a braclet, then a necklace to match Keep up the great work :wings:
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Greenie: The woman of the day!!! You are Amazing!!!

Well I just got home from working my first overnight shift in six months. I tried so hard to take a nap yesterday evening before I went in to work, but I could not sleep. So I have been up for 26 hours, and I am not responsible for anything that I say.lol.
          I am exhausted, but also hungry, but too tired to make something to eat. Geez, I am a mess. lol. But Hey Sober!!! Have a great day all
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Greenie, congrats! :goodjob:

I'm on day 3 here (again) and was doing great this am until I opened the fridge and found 2 bottles of wine my husband bought for me last night. He knows I'm trying to go AF. I could wring his neck. I don't know how he could do that to me :durn:

Anyway, onto bigger and better things. Three pearls would make a nice ring, don't you think? :bling

Take care! :h
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Day 5. A little better this morning as my husband said good morning and good bye to me. My guts are still churning and my heart hurts a lot. I am so tired I can barely move. The good thing about this is that I want alcohol about as much as I want punch in the throat. I guess they are one in the same. Hopefully I can find something good about myself today and gain some strength from it.

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Good Morning all --- Day 4 again for me. Congratulations greenie on your 100 ... such an inspiration to us all.... showing us it can be done and encouraging us along our own way... THANK YOU.
                Sea --- I hope you're getting some sleep now! I remember travelling home from Australia on a dreadful flight and being awake for 30+ hours ... I was a zombie ---- does feel like you're drunk without the AL!
                Becoming ---- what is your husband thinking?! Maybe donate it to the neighbours and a family member..... if you give it away, I doubt he'll bring anymore home.

Comment

ODAT Thursday

noma'am, your husband said good morning and good bye?! How did you do that? Were you naked? Did you serve him breakfast in bed? Both? Mine said "See ya." I think he was talking to me. Maybe it was the cat? Give me some tips, dear! I hope you get some rest and feel better. Day 5 is great!

Comment

ODAT Thursday

new, good idea! I didn't think of that. My mom lives in a retirement home and she'd love it. We also have some cherry tomatoes from the vine to bring to her so what a treat. Thanks for the idea, buddy!

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Everyone sounds well...keep it up ... sobriety is the best gift we can give ourselves!!!

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Hi all ODATers,

Hope all are doing ok today?

Day 4 AF for me today but finding it very very difficult.

Also have a lot of work to do today but finding it difficult to concentrate. However, have no choice but to get it done..so I better get off here and do it.

Well done Greenie on 100 days - WOW!
                        There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Well done Greenie. Good morning to all. Day 6 for me, but I'm dreading Friday tomorrow. I've slipped twice on day 7, but want so much to get farther. Oh well. More work on being strong.

Sun is out! Happy day today.

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Ok I'll burn up some of my cyber-minutes and vent just a little.
                            got home last night and hubby was glued to the Fox news. After getting our butts chewed for letting the dogs run out of water (deserved) he said " I know you're not interested, but this is really serious!" I made him repeat it to me, and then reminded him that I was the one that called our account manager and he was the one that didn't want to hear what he had to say. I said just because I refuse to worry myself sick about things that I couldn't control did not mean I was not interested. I also said that when I tried to tell him what I was told, he just kept interrupting, so what's the point?
                            I'm worried about him. He worries so much about the political situation, this current financial crisis. I know it's part of the reason he drinks so much. I know better than to say anything about it to him. I feel all I can do is pray for him, and I'm really trying to stay informed so I can have a calm discussion with him. I keep telling him, if he will tell me what to do--something that is in my control I will do it. It does no good to worry about things you can't change. I don't blame him, he is the provider for our family and he really, really is worried about our kids futures. I'm just afraid the stress, worry and alcohol are going to do him in.
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Cool Beans Greenie!
                              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Working...
                              X