ODAT Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Thursday

boss, you can do it! I'm rooting for ya!

lvt I'm worried about my husband, too. He's stopped taking his blood pressure medicine, is so stressed about work he's not functioning well, he's drinking so much, he's forgetting things, he's been denied life insurance because of his drinking, he started smoking again. We can only do what we can do, right? I'm right here with you.
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Hey Guys- I'm new here-what does ODAT mean?
      Toughen up!

Comment

ODAT Thursday

One Day At A Time. Very important to keep in mind. Good question.
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Thanks! Love to all of you.
          Toughen up!

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Hello and Welcome St. John
            I look forward to getting to know you.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Good evening Thursday ODATs,

I'm sorry I missed ya'll yesterday. Had a long day at work and several sewing, ahem, mending projects that I had to get done. One was shortening this men's size large RED SOX t-shirt that I'm wearing to my FIRST EVER Red Sox game on Sunday. I am so excited! Anyway, just an ordinary not-very-exciting week for me. Congratulations to Greenie on those 3 digits. You go Ms. Bean. You lead the pack!

Sounds like some husband trouble out there in ODAT land. This is a scary financial time, but not the end of the world. Perhaps if you meet with your broker/financial advisor they can readjust your portfolio or invested assets to lessen the risk - we're doing that next week and just taking some action makes me feel better. It is hard when so much is totally beyond our control, and I totally agree that getting overly anxious about it does nothing but drive us to drink!!

And Noma'am, have been thinking about you all week. I know you're still reeling from your disaster party, but this is a time of healing and that may take some time. It will get better, and you have all of us in your corner cheering you on. Am sending extra positive vibes to you and Bandit, and sleep vibes to dear friend Sea - you are amazing! Boss, hang in there - you're doing so well. See ya'll tomorrow.

Vera-b

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Almost forgot - Savon, I love the pearl analogy. A single pearl is attractive (possibly an earring?), but strung together (like a necklace) can be absolutely stunning. You're building a very rich life one little pearl at a time.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
                X