Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to hear a Really weird reason to crave..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a smoker. (Seems I'm smoking More & More - WILL deal w/that sooooon.)

But what's weird is I caught myself wanting a drink NOT because I wanted the feeling, etc., but because I wanted my cigs to taste better!!!

I remembered how smoking just seemed Better when I drank... and I missed that!

I'll betcha no one's come up with That one before!! :H
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

One2 --- as I struggle with staying AF, my hubby, who had quit smoking last Dec. 1 (when he got pneumonia), started up again last month. I'm trying to be understanding, but when he went for that long, I was disappointed. This time however, I've laid down the rule about not smoking in the house anymore .... I always hated it. He says he'll quit soon ... it's going to get mighty cold standing outside puffing in the winter if he doesn't!
    I know you can't smell it on yourself, but the tobacco oozes from him ... all night long, even after brushing his teeth ... I find it a real turnoff. Just think how much sweeter smelling you'll be.
    I hate to think that AL did the same to me ..... I haven't been away from it long enough to smell it on others, but does the stink of AL stay with you just like tobacco does? Can you "smell a drinker" like you can a smoker? ... even if they're not presently drinking?

Comment

That's our disease - always trying to find an angle that will get us drinking again.

It's a sneaky little bastard.....
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I get a craving when my spouse takes out the garbage. It's traditionally a time for me to sneak a shot. Sigh. I have to take it out now...

Comment

I'll betcha no one's come up with That one before!!

You're kidding, right?? I finally realized that in order to quit smoking I HAD to quit drinking!
          I honestly do not care about drinking if I can't have a ciggie to go with it.
          Non-smokers can never understand how good the 2 go together. Had to have the beer to wash that nasty ciggie down! I think I got to the point where I would drink, just so I could smoke.
          But I'm done now.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Nope - but I crave when I smell anything with alcohol in, even if it isn't a drink - screenwash, marker pens, hairspray... it sucks.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
            X