Taking the Liberty to start a thread for Whoosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoosh;423042 wrote: :new:54 years old (ouch) 6 Kids 4 boys & 2 Girls. 5 grandchildren & 1 on the way. The oldest is 38 Lives in NZ & has just survived a near fatal head on collision.
    Gave up drinking 23 years ago & had my fourth son who has Autism, went to America to learn how to teach him. Spent the next 10 years running a home programme with him & learning how to love myself.
    Went back into business (I run a Car Performance Centre) 5 years ago ( marriage hit a rough patch) I started drinking again (Scotch is my Demon). Today I am on my eighth day AF.
    I'm praying that this is the end of the booze forever as my brain & body can't take any more.
    Hobbies have gone with the Scotch, but I used to Swim go to the Gym, Bike, sew etc etc
    :thanks:Thanks for this thread it helped me to share
    Just starting a new thread for Whoosh - hope that's OK 'cos the original post might get lost

Thanks Marbella don,t really know where to start with all this.......Just know i need to share

Comment

Hey there Whoosh!
      Welcome!
      I can relate to what you said about hobbies.
      Now's the chance to start them afresh; or some new ones.
      Good luck to you

Comment

Welcome Whoosh!! Excellent work on 8 days AF! Stick around here, soon you will find some threads that are helpful to you, and you will be helpful to others, as well, I'm sure!

wip

Comment

Thanks you guys.
          I have been lurking around for quite a while now & have picked up a lot.:thanks:

Comment

:welcome:Whoosh!

I too love to go to the gym and do a H2o class!
            I go 3-5 days a week.
            I have found that is something I really enjoy and it is just for ME!
            I'm a mother of three, grandmother of four and hope for a couple more before I get too old to play with them!
            :goodjobn AF days!
            :lNancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hello and Welcome Whoosh
              I am glad that you have decided to join us. I am soon to be 47 (ouch). I have three kids; all in their 20's. No grandchildren yet, but hopefully, someday. I drank only once in 10 years from 1989-1999, but let death, divorce, etc....take me back out there. Since that time, I have been AF for short periods of time; One and half years being the longest stretch since 1999. This site has helped me immensely. I go to AA as well. I am divorced and my kids are grown. I have only lived in this town for a year, so I really need to make some sober friends. Best wishes as you begin your journey.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Welcome!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Working...
                X