Never say never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never say never

I find it so strange that once I've detoxed (I've detoxed so many times I can't even begin to count 'em), I sometimes think to myself, I really have this licked, I have no desire whatsoever to drink. Blech. How can anyone stand to drink. And I think I'm going to always feel that way. But, as with all things, this feeling, too, passes, and I find myself white-knuckling it and thinking I cannot go another minute without a swig. Just so, so strange to me how I go from one extreme to the other, sometimes in the blink of an eye. I wish I had better methods of getting through those white-knuckle moments. I know they, too, will pass if I can just get through them, but it always feels like there's no way in hell I'll get through them.

Oh, and another doozy is that I think I can imbibe just this once. Just once.

Never say never

Thats the evil drug for you I'm afraid...Pinkpeppercorns...sometimes you just have to white-knuckle it....I actually had a thought today...that I might take a photo of myself on the morning after a binge and pin it up in the bathroom..just so I can look at it and think....oh my god...I am not going to look like that again! just a thought...then again, it might make my husband wish he'd never married me!!! B

Comment

Never say never

thts why they call it an addiction normal people dont go thro this talked to my councilor yestrday and he reminded me of this depression, obsession,and many more are sighns of an addictive person,thats kind of the norm for us hope im helping gyco

Comment

Never say never

try putting L Glut. under your tongue and then going for a walk...That helps me thru..I have a sobriety tool box filled with things that make me feel happy.My favorite movies, candy, music, etc. that i run to as a substitute for alcohol.Just know that the feeling is just temporary and will go away if you focus on something else.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Never say never

Thanks for writing this PPC. Sometimes I feel low, just like that. Maybe others have suggestions.

My current tools are to go back to my list, and my writings from when I first landed here.

I'm also trying to read about meditating. That's as far as I've gotten. I'm pretty Type-A so the concept of sitting for 20 minutes and listening to my breath seems pretty distant. (How about sitting 20 minutes, listening to breath, and CNN, while texting emails on my phone, monitoring my stocks on the computer, and reading the marketplace page of the Wall Street Journal, now THAT I can do!)

Someone suggested L-Glut on the tongue. I haven't tried that, but may do it tonight to see if I can get past my "Friday night failures".

Comment

Working...
          X