Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to MWO...

Hi,
    I just joined MWO after a few weeks of reading the forums. I said I would join when I was able to say I had 1 AF day. Well thanks to the info everyone shares here, I had my first AF day yesterday. It's a start.

It is nice to feel your not alone in taming the AL beast!

:new:

Thanks to MWO...

Welcome Leelou,You have found an amazing place to start your recovery.Stay close and let us get to know you..
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

:welcome: You are definitely not alone. This place is awesome. Great job on day 1!!!!!!!!
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Lee,
        Welcome to MWO. Good job on Day1. Do you feel comfortable telling us a little more about yourself and your relationship with AL? I look forward to your future posts. Kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Lee,
          Welcome. Congratulations on day 1. You have found a great site with alot of great advice!!!

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Leelou ~ well done!!! keep up the great work!:H
            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Hi, and well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodjob:
              Boozer

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

welcome and awesome job .. keep on .. you can do this
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Hello and Welcome
                  Congrats on your first day AF. Do you have the MWO books, the supps or any of the tools that may help you in your journey? I wish you well as you begin. This is a wonderful place. You will find lots of wisdom and support.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Welcome Leelou,
                    Congrats on day one. YOu have found a great place for support and friendship. Keep posting.
                    HW

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome all,
                      Day 2 AF (2 hours to go till midnight) and it was tough. I bought a bottle of wine on the way home, wanted it bad, but once I got home, I managed to keep busy doing other things. The bottle is still unopened, out of the fridge, not that that has stopped me before, I would just add ice cubes. How different that is than when I first started drinking, how sad really!

Now the day is nearly over I just want to forget about it. I have been taking L-glut, and Rescue Remedy to help take the craving away, and as much as I wanted AL, I have managed to stay away from it. That is odd, as I normally find away if there is some in the house. Perhaps l-glut really does work.

Right now, I feel I am so close to day 2 AF... I dont want to fail because I know I will kick myself if I do.

Today I felt ok, I thought I would feel worse. On day 1 I was horrible, sweating, shaking and jittery.

Today another thing that helped me was thinking about everyone elses situations here on MYO, hence I am writing this.

Hope I can sleep ok tonight....and thanks MWO
                      LL

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Welcome! Keep at it!
                        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Welcome, Lee!

Great job on day 2....now just keep it going. You WILL kick yourself if you fail, so don't let that be an option.

Get up tomorrow and look forward to day 3....don't dwell on it or be afraid of it.....embrace it. You are taking the steps to drastically improve your life!......that's a great thing to do.

May I suggest as soon as you get up, get rid of the wine. Why tempt yourself like that? You want to set yourself up for success, not failure. It doesn't make much sense to have alcohol in the house when you are quitting drinking.

Keep reading and posting here....if things get tough, get on here and post....someone will be here to help you get through it.....

You can do this.....you just have to be serious and make a vow to yourself that you will not drink, no matter what.

Don

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

Hi and welcome
                            Keep going - congratulations - by the time you read this you should be on day 3!
                            Get rid of that wine - the first few days are definitely the hardest particularly 4 or 5 - you don't want any temptation.
                            Keep going and good luck
                            Sausage x

Comment

Thanks to MWO...

LeeLou -

Great job!

Tough days, the first few - you will be better with each HOUR, let alone each day.

God Bless.

- Figi

Comment

Working...
                              X