very new n far away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very new n far away.

Im glad I found this site as there is nothing like it in Oz.only AA. It sounds good to me,just what I need.private and someone to share a few words with when I need to.My drinking has gotten out of control over the years,its no longer something I do as part of a fun social outing,its something I do habitually almost every day..not one bottle of wine but two..I have black outs.!!.i'm hiding bottles!!! Anyway im really ready to give this a try,so I will start posting and reading and doing whatever I need to get my life on track,before its too late.Poddi.

very new n far away.

Welcome Poddi! You have come to the right place. I felt very much like you when I found this place and really didnt know where to turn. Have you read the book yet? Had a look at supplements? The book, the supps, and the support I have here are what has kept me sober for almost 3 months. You can do it too. Good luck and stay close to the boards!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

very new n far away.

Welcome Poddy!! You are definately on the right track, this is a wonderful place. Even if somedays you just read through the boards and posts, you will undoubtably find something that will make you think and give you the courage for one more day. Plus, when you post, ask questions, and don't be afraid to put yourself out there. These are great people and they will give you the best advice and tools that they have at their disposal. Or as they say "Ask and you shall receive!".

Again welcome, and any questions or concerns are welcomed!!

akmom
      "The one true thing that I know about myself is that I will never stop learning things about myself!":nutso:

AF SINCE 5/23/2007 - MINUS 3 DAYS!!!!

Comment

very new n far away.

welcome poddi

I too am from Oz and was drinking 2 bottles of wine a night, I've joined the 7 day goal thread and i'm on day two af and feeling it, but the support on here is great and realising we are all struggling is a great way to get through a lot of the cravings etc. :welcome:

Comment

very new n far away.

Hi Poddy & Carebear

Good to have you here. Just remember that most of the US folks are sleeping now so you might not get any replies until tomorrow. Carebear - great job on day 2AF! Hang in today and go for day 3 tomorrow.

Comment

very new n far away.

Welcome Poddy - looking forward to more of your posts.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

very new n far away.

Hi Poddy,

Yes you are at the right place here, this place will not make you feel far away you will feel so close like we are one big family that takes care of each other with lots of support.

Drinking started of fun for me as well.....

It funny we think life is getting better, but by drinking it get worst, dont seem to realise this until the fun STOPS.....

I HATE DRINKING IT TAKES US TO A DARK PLACE... stay with us keep reading and posting all the best of luck.x

Take care

Love

Teardrop.x
              family is everything to me

Comment

very new n far away.

Welcome poddy. You'll find there are alot of friends from your neck of the woods here, and when online, you are only a button away. Keep posting and reading and stay in touch
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

very new n far away.

Hi Poddie,
                  I'm in Oz too.
                  I haven't started STOPPING yet.........I'm scared.
                  BUT, I'm thinking I'll just have one bottle and one glass tonight. I CAN do that. Then it's a cup of milo.
                  I'm taking serious vitamin B, Chelated zinc and some vitamin c.
                  How do we take that leap? Please stay in touch.............we'll be good for each other.
                  Baby steps for now darling:l

Comment

very new n far away.

hi Pod,welcom,we no the feeling yu found the rt spot gyco

Comment

very new n far away.

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

very new n far away.

Welcome Poddi,
                        I was a wine drinker too. This is a great site to come to. Keep posting. We have all been where you are and are here to support you. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
                        Help.

Comment

very new n far away.

wow I was so surprised to find so many replies when I got on to the site tonite wow..its just exciting..and from ausies too.I will get the book soon and find out about ordering the sups.I am trying to see my doctor about getting a script for topo tomorrow.So I will post again then.But I had to say thank you all for your wonderful welcome.love you all.Podi...

Comment

very new n far away.

Welcome Poddy and Carebear
                            The others have offered you great advice, so for now, I will just welcome you and say that I look forward to reading you future posts.:welcome:
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

very new n far away.

Welcome, Poddy!

The only thing bad about this site is... It's ADDICTIVE!

Have to come here Every day for my dose of courage, humor and Friends.

And hopefully (on occasion) offer my "words of wisdom" - you never know how your words may help someone at Just the right moment... (as so many have done for ME)

Now... what I wonder is: I'm going away for long weekend (YAY), but I prob. won't have computer... Will I have Withdrawal symptoms??

(That's a Semi joke!!)
                              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
                              X