Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 30 Days AF

Hi all,:welcome:

I am motivated and fired up for 30 days AF in October . . . heck maybe even 31 days!!

Any joiners???

We can do it together!!!

Just remember all our motivations - I am motivated by the promise of a good night's sleep! AL robs me of the wonderful REM sleep! What motivates you?

October 30 Days AF

I'm joing you!

Comment

October 30 Days AF

Evergreen, I really need this, your ablessing this morning. I've been slipping and I'm getting ready to go out of town for a lecture and that is always a tough one. Will miss my AA meeting in Friday, so I can use all the motivation out there. Lets Go.

Comment

October 30 Days AF

I'm definitely in. Will log on daily to get support and encouragement and hopefully give it.

Comment

October 30 Days AF

Hi All, I'm on board, absolutely, really need this, been reading AF september posts and needed to prepare myself for 30 days, today's a good day to start. Bring it on!!

Let's do this and support each other and look back on 1st November at a wonderful, sober, memorable, hard, tough but totally rewarding October!!

I think like this - if they put us all on a 'boat' and sent us out to sea for a month - with no wine, beer or whatever takes your fancy! we'd survive - wouldn't we? it wouldn't be a life or death thing, we would learn to cope without our liquid friend, and return to port alot healthier, saner and have a greater clarity of what we want from our lives.

Cheers to you all and look forward to the true 'witching hour' on 31st October to celebrate not only Halloween but the fact that we have us and ourselves back in the 'real world'

Love and best wishes Chard xx
          :new:

Comment

October 30 Days AF

Wow ya'll!! I came home today feeling a little low . . . how many times can I start this 30 day thing over and over?!!:upset:

You guys have rejuvenated me!! We are in this together!! Char I love the boat analogy!! I've got the paddle. Does anyone have the life preservers? How about the sunscreen!! October here we come!!!:groupluv:

EG

Comment

October 30 Days AF

PS Kat20 you are a blessing to me as well. Look at that, we joiined within a month of each other!! This is our month!! We have got on our slip proof socks!!

Comment

October 30 Days AF

Count me in too - I'm up for 31 AF days in October, having just managed 3O days in Sept. (My last night of alcohol was 31st Aug 08). Last month I joined the boozebusters 30 day AF thread for September and it really helped making myself accountable on here. For all those of you who are just starting out - I was just the same exactly a month ago and now have 31 days AF under my belt and feel so much better for it.
                Keep going everyone - good luck on your AF journey

Comment

October 30 Days AF

Wow sausage!! You are an inspiration!! You will have to share your wisdom!!!

Comment

October 30 Days AF

Good Evening Evergreen, Noma'am, Wally22, Cuckoosnest83, Chardonay123 & Sausage, Love all the names. What a great way to end the celebration on Halloween. I guess I did'nt notice that at first. AF Halloween would be wise, I'll keep track of how much candy I give out this time.

Evergreen, When you mentioned slip proof socks all I could think about was trying to slide across the hardwood floor as kids with our one piece PJ's with the slip proof bottom. That will be sure to take you to a screeching hault.

Very best to everyone, I may not get to check in till Monday as I am out of town. You will all give me motivation thinking about you.

Comment

October 30 Days AF

It is nice to be here with you all. Thank you for the welcome, KAT, and good luck since you will be out of town. Will be sending you good thoughts.

Comment

October 30 Days AF

count me in
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

October 30 Days AF

I'm in.

Comment

October 30 Days AF

Well I made it through day 1 without any major issues. Hope everyone else is doing well to. Already put 0 in drinktracker because I am going to do this!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot afford to fail.

Comment

October 30 Days AF

Hi guys

Was planning on trying to do 30 days in October. Did not manage it in September, although was mostly AF but a bit disappointed in myself. Mind if I join you, this thread seems more fun than doing it alone.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                              X