ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thursday

Hi - a quick check in before bed. Sounds like you're doing well. Love the inspirational quotes. Crazy, crazy busy but not doing too bad at all with al. Many more days AF or mod than dog days. Talking of which I have a new dog and 4 new piglets! All so cute.

I'm off to bed. Another early start tomorrow.

Bessie xx

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Just a note to say hi and thanks for the daily inspiration. Went to the doctor today, put me on Topomax, and he prayed with me. I have to take this thing one day at a time. Thank you all.
      Hope :h

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Happy Thursday fellow ODATs,

Wow, what a great thread today. Savon, thank you for the Matthew reference. As you may know, I work for a church in the office and will put that quote square on my desk. At the staff meeting yesterday, we were just talking about taking comfort in our faith, and tapping into that faith during trying times. How trying they just didn't know!

And Noma'am - you sound like a different person! Or, perhaps, the real Noma'am? New Day - congratulations on 32 years of wedded bliss. That is something to cherish. And welcome Leelou. The ODAT crowd is a very caring bunch - it's my first post each day. Vera's had a good week. My Merrill Lynch lady calmed me down yesterday. It certainly helps that she's not only intelligent but very honest. With all the garbage going on in high places and boardrooms, her integrity is so appreciated. College funds are ok. Life will go on.

On to Friday, friends!

Vera-b

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

fruites of my sobriety

am here sitting down typing this and am feeling happy and glad, since i started sobering up i longed to move out from my uncles home and be self relient, am building myself a one roomed house and however small it might be i feel glad the fact that its mine,
          every single day i feel am free whenever i walk out the door in the morning, i dont have ajob yes but am doing all i can to earn my living and not begging and carrying heavy sacks of patatoes, beans and maize just for a glass of beer.
          my heart is overjoyed and wish my mum could be here just for a few munites to see how much i have gone so far,
          what else do i need to be happy, money or wealth? NO! alcohol? NEVER! i have been jail for 7yrs by drugs, stealling, selling drugs in school, spending night in cold police cells, sleeping in cold weather, i have suffered rejection from my entire family, attemps of sucide every now and then, and now i can breath fresh air, i can utter a single word that can help somebody out there in his life. now i have a home for myself, expecting a child of my own and can see all of you as friends.
          WHAT REASON DON'T I HAVE TO BE HAPPY??
          am happy am free and i have my freedom.
          love to you all

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Beautiful Post Maasai. You are a inspiration to all
            Cap

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

maasai;430027 wrote: am here sitting down typing this and am feeling happy and glad, since i started sobering up i longed to move out from my uncles home and be self relient, am building myself a one roomed house and however small it might be i feel glad the fact that its mine,
              every single day i feel am free whenever i walk out the door in the morning, i dont have ajob yes but am doing all i can to earn my living and not begging and carrying heavy sacks of patatoes, beans and maize just for a glass of beer.
              my heart is overjoyed and wish my mum could be here just for a few munites to see how much i have gone so far,
              what else do i need to be happy, money or wealth? NO! alcohol? NEVER! i have been jail for 7yrs by drugs, stealling, selling drugs in school, spending night in cold police cells, sleeping in cold weather, i have suffered rejection from my entire family, attemps of sucide every now and then, and now i can breath fresh air, i can utter a single word that can help somebody out there in his life. now i have a home for myself, expecting a child of my own and can see all of you as friends.
              WHAT REASON DON'T I HAVE TO BE HAPPY??
              am happy am free and i have my freedom.
              love to you all
              Wow Massai, that brought tears to my eyes.You have come through so much and you are doing so well. I applaud you my friend
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

I agree, Massai your post is very touching. You must feel proud to be where you are, and your future will be special because that is what you are aiming for!

Comment

Working...
                X