ODAT - SUNDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - SUNDAY

Morning ODATers! How'd everybody do so far this weekend?

WOW, did I get the eater's award yesterday! Great food at the tasting yesterday. I wonder if that's the reason for my headache. I ate lots of stuff on my "no" list, and enjoyed every bite! People stood in a long line in the hot sun for $4 beers. AF and NF simplifies things.

Busy day today indoors and out and plans tonight to grab a bite with GF and go see her son in a jazz dance performance tonight.

Have a fun day and remember to laugh at least 3 times. :H:H:H
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

ODAT - SUNDAY

Hi! Day 15 here.

Comment

ODAT - SUNDAY

hi, its past midnight here, i did really well until today, but i have been better than my normal weekend. no excuse, but i must say keeping busy helped heaps.

Now, i cant sleep!
      I want to, but i am wide awake. This is not normal, i can go to sleep in a heart beat normally.

Comment

ODAT - SUNDAY

thats great green have fun tonite ..
        leelou yes it is normal to have a slight sleeping problem at first when going af ..
        how long are you ?? and yes it will get better in time just stay strong and think positive and stay busy.. good luck
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

ODAT - SUNDAY

Hi ODATers!
          I love that "laugh at least 3 X". I will make that effort today! Did you know you can even do a fake laugh and it helps? That is pretty bizzare to me. I hope everyone has a great, fun Sunday!
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

ODAT - SUNDAY

Well Green, I may have beaten you in the eating dept. last night! Went to a block party and the food was great and I had some of everything! No AL however!! Have a great Sunday! Gabby.
            Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

ODAT - SUNDAY

Day one here for me!

Have to laugh....didn't know what ODAT meant so I had to look it up. Glad I did as it will be the thread I think helps me the most!
              Today is my day one. Yes again. But ODAT couldn't be more accurate. It doesn't matter that I didn't succeed before it only matters that I am back!!! I finally feel as though I understand all this thread stuff well enough to manouver around. Even if my spelling leaves a bit to be desired!!!
              My goal is to go 30 days AF and then decide what I want to do. I look ahead at my schedule and trips coming up and the environments I know I will be in...trying to make plans for those environments ahead of time...I know. I know. One day at a time...I'm just worried about how easy it is to say yes when in a social setting. I do it without even thinking. Going to work hard at it this time....

I once read a saying: To Change One's Life: Start immediately, Do it flamboyantly, No exceptions!

That is my plan today.
              Thank you all for being here. It is so nice to be understood.
              Hanging on!

Comment

ODAT - SUNDAY

Hi everybody,
                Hopefully this is day 1 for me, once again. Having a hard time getting back to being AF. I want to stay AF this upcoming week, until my brother comes next weekend. I am just having a hard time doing it! Like so many others, I am strong in the morning, but by night I have lost it. Drank every day in Hawaii and every day since returning last weekend. So hopefully today, the day the warm weather has finally dissipated and finally there is rain, maybe, hopefully, please please please I can have a successful AF day. I will start back on the Kudzu and L-glut and maybe that will help.

Hi to everybody to come. Noma'am and Greeny - you are my inspiration!!! Idbiscuit, I love that saying, esp the flamboyant part!
                xoxo Peanut

Comment

ODAT - SUNDAY

Hey there all

Nice 2 pick up this thread again. Like idbiscuit (yes great quote idb!) i've been finding my way around the site, getting my bearings. It's been hard work at times (esp when hungover, surprise surprise...) but more than worth it. People are so kind, thoughtful & helpful.

Right now i'm aimimg to keep as steady as i can till sups & CDs arrive. Then go for detox & AF. Overdid it yesterday & last night on the wine, so have spent a cosy Sunday gently recovering. Lots of fluids, just a bite of food, then a little more. And lots of time here with you guys! Thanks

Keep safe
                  Gold
                  :sun:

Comment

ODAT - SUNDAY

Hello everyone,

I'm very tired. I have done so much physical work this weekend to keep busy. Today inlaws are at a festival where there is a lot of AL. I'm kind of upset that I didn't go. I didn't want to go because I didn't want 1000 questions from people there. I knew I could go and not drink, It's just the damn questions people ask.

Shit, cant I just be going AF because I want to... People assume that you have a problem and talk shit. I know I have a problem but don't need others knowing it.

Anyone have any good excuses or socially correct reasons I can use for going AF?
                    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

ODAT - SUNDAY

Hello my fellow SUNDAY ODATs,

One of those quiet, overcast New England days when schlepping around in your pj's feels good. Went to church and had a board meeting for our pond association here at my house, but have just wanted to get into the pj's and chat with ya'll. Ahhh, I'm here. Welcome change and Good to the ODAT thread! We strive to be very supportive. Change, you might want to try a simple "no thanks" for starters. If you need a real excuse, tell people you're a little under the weather - feel something coming on. In time, I would tell folks I really needed to cut down on the booze and they would nod (darn! I thought I was so sneaky!!!). Whatever I say, I always try a little humor. Most of the time they aren't nearly as interested as I am concerned.

Miss greenbean, you sound utterly fantastic. Hope you have one spectacular week.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
                      X