New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Today will be my first day of not drinking!! It seems scary, as I thought that I would need it to br confident. A program like this makes me not feel so alone!:new

New here

Hello and Welcome MJ
    Do you have the MWO book? That is a good place to start. I wish you well as u begin your journey. I look forward to getting to know you.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

New here

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

New here

Welcome MJ, This is a great place with great people. Just take it One Day at a Time. You can do it.

Comment

New here

Hi MJ, yep I was scared too, very. It really is wonderful to realise that we are not alone. Welcome to you
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

New here

Thanks all. I really needed to hear it!!!
            This is really tough for me! I am sooooo scared. Sometimes think that I cant do it. I am crying while I write this, but I know that tomorrow will be better!

Comment

New here

Tomorrow WILL be better MJ. Why dont you tell us a bit about yourself and where you are with your drinking. It might help

Comment

New here

MJ it will get better and easier and I know you can do this...We are here to help..
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

New here

I used to think that drink was my life, but I know realise that I have lost so much! I am at the bottom at the moment, but I can only try.

Comment

New here

Do you have a plan?

Comment

New here

Good to see you here MJ! Welcome
                      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

New here

MJ. Giving up drinking IS a scary thought if you look too far ahead. When I gave up I started by taking things one day at a time. AA philosophy I know, but it works. If I was to ask you NOW what you thought of a life without drink you would probably have a panic attack!! It's a scary thought innit?. Try not to get too far ahead of yourself and look to get through today without a drink. Tomorrow is another day and you can tackle that day when it comes. Most people who arrive here at the forum are at some point close to their 'rock bottom'. This site has been a god-send for me. To be able to share myself and vent my feelings has meant I have been able to make friends and learn and give back too. Whatever stage you're at with your drinking at present I really wish you all the best with whatever goals you have at present. If you haven't got those goals then maybe start thinking about what you want to achieve with your drinking. I think most here have started with doing a 30 day abstinence before considering their options. I was late coming to the forum so I didn't follow the program with the supplements and Cd's etc. Nothing in this world was going to stop me from binging apart from Antabuse. That's a whole other story though!!

MJ welcome to the forum and best of luck to you my friend.

Love and Happiness
                        Hippie
                        xx
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

New here

MJ, just take it one day at a time. You?re in the presence of some of the biggest drinkers (former drinkers that is) and some who have it under control and can moderate. Like the others have said, the book is a good place to start. it really helped me.

The very best to you. Stay close and post a lot in the first few days, it will help.

nat
                          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

New here

Hello TJ

:welcome: to a huge & loving family - we welcome you with open arms

:new: too

Yor fear is understandable, drinking can take us to very scary places. You're among friends though - we have all been there

Now though, ask us questions, keep it simple - one day, one hour, one minute at a time
                            Be gentle on yourself but set yourself small targets & aim for them

Glad you're with us, lean on us & stay close

There is a brighter day

Gold
                            :sun:

Comment

New here

Hi MJ and welcome,

This is a great place to get support and it really lifts me up, I hope you find that here too. I am struggling today as well so I know how you feel. Tomorrow will be so much better.

Hope to see you on here lots!

Erica

Comment

Working...
                              X