Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Luck...

This is a family of people who need one another....Come join our family
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

No Luck...

You know you guys are right. I am one to kinda stay to myself and just look around, but I guess that its kinda selfish. I mean, here I am reading your stories and getting inspiration from them and I am not giving anything in return. That's just not fair. You wouldn't go to the butcher and ask for a pound of filet and expect not to pay for it, so why is a support system any different? I for one will try harder to respond to posts as often as I can. I am here and continue trying each and every day. Today in particular, I really feel like having a drink; but I won't. I want to, but I won't. This is my Day 3 and tomorrow will be my Day 4. Still haven't gotten the meds or the CD's, but I did finish the book today, so that gives me hope to get started. Hang in there goinmyway! Think of it this way man, you are here because there is a part of your drinking that you don't like. Shit, we're all here because there is a part of our drinking we don't like; let's face it, if it was just up to what other people thought, that wouldn't be enough. Lord knows all of us have hidden this habit from loved ones young and old and while there was probably the stigma of shame attached to the lie, it wasn't until it was something WE didn't like that caused us to be here. So hell, if there is something you don't like you change it right? Got a shitty haircut? Get a different one? Hate the color of your house? Paint it!v ) I'll get off my soapbox now... Typing about wanting to drink makes me want to drink...
      :new: But need all the help I can get!

Comment

No Luck...

Hi Going,

Just responded on your new thread. I think it's easy to miss a thread here and there because the site has grown so much. Most nights when I log on it's a real challenge to touch base with everyone, greet newcomers, and still get to bed before the bags start growing under my eyes! Hope you're on a good track now!

Vera-b

Comment

No Luck...

Tryin, you might also want to jump in on some of the threads in the AF or "abstinence" sections, where you will be with people who are also challenging themselves to get off the alcohol, encouraging each other along the way. I'm sure you'll be fine.

As to "writing about wanting to drink" making you "want to drink," remember that the mind game, the way you think about things, is important. Allowing yourself to think about how much you want a drink, how "nice" a (!) drink would be, can be dangerous, and when you find yourself doing that, it's a good idea to do something that will distract you, and/or remember why it is that you are getting the alcohol out of your life (vivid memories of the results of drinking can be effective).

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Working...
          X