Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's the hypno CD's!

Hi Alaska,

I, too, found the cd's very helpful. Before finding MWO, I had been able to mod more or less after my dr. put me on Campral. However, once the physical side of addiction wanes, the mental side can do us in! So to get into the right mental state, I used the cd's regularly for the 30 days suggested, then kept the subliminal and sleep going several weeks after that. When I felt myself waffling, listened to the hypno (track 2) cd several times. I absolutely think my head is in a different place when it comes to AL. Of course I have to remain vigilant as a modder, but I don't feel the same about AL and I credit the cd's. As WIP mentioned, we have to get our drinking minds into a better state, and whatever gets us there is a good thing. Congratulations on your 4 days. Welcome to a whole new world.

Vera-b

Comment

Hi AKgirl, I'm so glad you posted this as I feel the same! I've followed the programme all except for any drugs...it's taken a few try's but I have come to realise that if I put the time aside to liten to the CDs I can moderate without too much angst...it's bizarre.
      I thought his voice was pretty odd at first also but now I feel kinda like he's my friend!!
      I think for me the physical cravings weren't going to be as bad as trying to change the habits that I've developed over half my lifetime - drink certain nights of the week just because that's what I do - whether I feel like it or not...I'd actually even drink when I didn't feel like a drink as I'm such a creature of habit. The CDs have really helped.
      Angel xo

Comment

Angelcakes;439399 wrote: I'd actually even drink when I didn't feel like a drink as I'm such a creature of habit. The CDs have really helped.
        That was me!!! Cravings left, then it was just pure habit. Something is just different now, hard to explain.

Vera- Hypno side 2...that was my ticket! It is easier than track 1.

Sandy- your right about how he says hammock, that and escaltor...LOL (very nice )
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I like it when he says 'very nice'...yep, I've done a good job at visualising those heavy arms!!! LOL
          Angel xo

Comment

I really love the cd's. I bought the abstinence, with the plan to moderate. Wouldn't you know it, I'm abstaining - not moderating! I truly believe they helped. I felt an actual "shift" one day, and instead of being irritated at his voice when he told me alcohol was beneath me, I went "duh, I know it is!".
            When I find myself stressing out with kids/life, I try to plug back in for a little tune up. It truly helps me. Wonderful investment! I'm so glad you are enjoying them and wish you continued success.:l
            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

I agree with everyone. The cd's have really helped me this time around. I'm putting on the sleep learning every night hoping it will help my husband, too. Gonna try the subliminal sometimes, too, while we're on the internet. He wants ME to be AF, but he doesn't want to be. I can see this is going to be tougher than I thought. Kay

Comment

Angelcakes;439437 wrote: I like it when he says 'very nice'...yep, I've done a good job at visualising those heavy arms!!! LOL
                Angel xo
                Tall, dark and hansome foreigner (hense the strange accent) LOL

Okay, I made it through sunday but here's the thing. I was having a great day, then something stressful happened and I convinced myself I "needed" a drink. So I had a couples drinks of wine. It didn't taste good, and it didn't help the stress duh.

So, as I am determined to keep this going, listened again to the tapes. Only this time, (not that I was drunk, only had a couple swallows) I couldn't focus enough to "get there". My mind kept wandering and I couldn't concentrate on his voice.

This made me realize, not only should you not be drinking when you try the tapes, but you really do have to be at a point where can let yourself go, no distractions. Sometimes its hard to let the events of a day, or the thoughts of what all we need to be doing, truly go.
                I think that is what holds some back from all the benefits of the hypnothereapy.

I don't mean to go on and on about the CD's, I'm not trying to sell them I swear. I am just super excited as I have never had this many AF days in a row!!! And for me, they were the key.

:l AK
                :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

AK, I am very pleased to hear positives about the CD's. I aprehensively ordered them, they have not yet arrived, but I am thinking, whatever it takes to mod or quit....

I am waiting for the CD's and for some meds......

Thanks for your post!
                  AF July 6 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X