hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

Hello everyone- I have stumbled across this site after searching "naltrexone" . I have been cleared to start on Naltrexone this Friday. I am a chronic relapsing alcoholic who has battled with "stopping" drinking for more that 15 years. It is the staying stopped that gets me every time. I have had many periods of happy and serene recovery (as a member of AA), but maintaining my sobriety for periods of longer than one months has become damn mear impossible this post year. Anyway, I live in a small town on the West Coast of the South Islandof New Zealand, and am the first person to be administered naltrexone. I am very grateful for the opportunity and would love to hear of others'experiences with this drug. I have cross-addicted to opiates often when "doing it hard" not drinking, and this has ALWAYS led me back to drinking in the end. Bless you all and thanks. Kaponium :new:
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

hello

hello Kaponium
    Welcome. I am in Auckland. That is fantastic about getting the medication. There are threads on meds on the board where you will find posts from others taking it and I am sure they will help you. You should download the book and try the other aspects of the program which are all great. Look forward to hearing how you are getting on.
    BH

Comment

hello

i dont take the meds K but welcome to mwo , its a great place!

Comment

hello

Hi Kaponium and welcome!

There are lots of posts concerning naltrexone in the drug section- hope you have a chance to read through while waiting for yours to arrive.

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing how it works for you. :welcome:

Comment

hello

Welcome Kaponium - looking forward to more of your posts.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
          X