Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any words of encouragement would be great!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone
    I have been a member of MWO for about 3 years now. I haven't as yet been able to stop drinking but have been managing to control it for a bit. Lately as a lot of you might understand I am slowly losing the battle again. I have been drinking at least a bottle of strong wine every night along with a bottle or two of larger. Sometimes I get really drunk and sometimes I don't get too bad. I have been having a horrendous time with sweating and the usual fuzzy head etc. I have two wonderful little girls - 3 years and another 11 months, I am married but we are still having major problems. I feel I don't know where I am going in my life. I am on medication for post natal depression and have managed to get myself a great part time job but I just can't seem to stop drinking. It gets to that time and the craving is too much. My interests in things have just vanished and I just don't seem to have much inspiration for life. Can anyone give me a bit of encouragement - god I need it. Thanks for listening.......XXXSeto

Hi Seto and thanks for posting. You say you've managed to control your drinking a bit - so you must feel like you're having some success. Well done! I find sticking close to the boards helps. I was drinking around 2 beers and half a bottle vodka nearly every day. Cutting out the vodka helped me to 'moderate' a little, but I was probably only actually cutting back as I just obsessed about drinking all the time. Joining MWO has helped me to battle that obsession, to the point were I managed to abstain for 30 days in September. The AF Army Thread is really helpful - because there is usually someone on ready to respond and support you. Not sure that's what you needed to hear - I'm not the best at advice or support really. Keep posting often.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Seto, your story sounds much like mine regarding lack of direction, depression and no interest in anything except drinking.
      I had and have many personal problems and thought I was coping with them through drinking. I wasnt. Drinking was fueling my depression and making my life seem worse than it was.

Since I have stopped drinking things have improved dramatically for me. I am no longer depressed (that doesnt mean that I no longer get down) and I am able to deal with elements of my life that I was unable before.

So, I guess my first question to you is do you want to stop drinking? There is so much help and support here that will help carry you through but the motivation has to come from you.
      It is doable, it is hard, it is worthwhile. Being sober is the best high I have had.

Do you have any plan in mind to stop? Have you read the book and got any supps etc.
      I think that would be my first step.
      Stay close to us and keep posting. You can do this you know.
      Best wishes
      Startingover
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

my dear it is a battle,you could join me tomorrow for a new forum,lol should i or shouldnt i,someone was smart enuff to make a new forum,i i understand wht they ment,monthly moderation, or long term mdoertion,this place is open to any suggestion,thts why it works,gyco and yes gyco is ok som family issues just had to vent,cuse i no you folks listen ty

Comment

it sound to me that you already know what you want.. so just grab it.. you have two wonderful kids carry a pic of them and everytime you feel the need look at it .. and yes maybe do it for them if that helps.. but just know you can do this.. you say you have had control at one point ..well start again ..
          remember what you did last time and apply it to now ..
          but just do your best stay strong and think positive
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Seto, Hang in their....wer'e here to help. Keep trying, the fact you have'nt given up means a lot ! IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Seto, so sorry that you are struggling so much. All I can do is echo every word that "startingover" has posted.

You have to want sobriety more than anything and not let anything get in the way of achieving that goal. I think this battle is 99% mind set. Now matter what life throws at us, we have to decided that a drink is not going to make it better. Believe me, stress was my biggest trigger. So for me, I know it was a mind over matter situation. The choice is ours. No one is lifting that glass to our mouths.

Decide if you want to drink or not. If not, remove every ounce of alcohol from your house, car, garage, etc. DO NOT leave any for an "emergency", etc. That will just give you an excuse to find an emergency. Stay close to us. There is always someone here to help. Come here before you pick up a drink. It really helps. It's what got me through and I have never been happier in my life.

Please remember that you have to do this for you and no one else. You are worth it and you deserve to be healthy and happy.

To heck with the last 3 plus years. It will just depress you to think about it. You can't change the past. You can change your future. It's up to you. Right now, in this very moment.

So....what are you going to do today??

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I'm with startingover also. I had nearly constant anxiety attacks that have ended entirely since I've been working on being AF. Maybe it's the Kudzu. But something is making me feel a lot better, and I recognize that the daily AL was what was bringing me down. I figure for every hour I was "buzzed" I would pay back 2 hours being depressed, and anxious. That was awful.

I haven't been a huge success on being AL free. Got some 7 day sessions, and on Day 3 now. But I still feel better to be trying. I'm hoping these words can get you to get some Kudzu and try again too.

Comment

AH Seto! Look at MY join date!

I didn't make it the first few times around either, And in fact, got worse.

But I'm back with a new plan and DAMN it's working this time.

I'm taking it baby steps, threw in the Topa this time around, I'm 37 days into serious modding and actually starting to get a few AF days under belt.

They are RIGHT! To hell with the past 3 years! Gear back up, get a plan in place. I will be your biggest cheerleader because I am in the same boat and I came back too.

You / We can do this. Really. It's our time.

Comment

Hi hun.

Drinking while on depression tablets is a real no no. It stops the tablets from working so it's just like you having to suffer with no help from postnatal depression. I know, i did the same. Drink is a depressant and when already depressed i just cancels out the effect of the drug so that could be a HUGE reason why you feel no interest in things and your inspiration for life has gone. I honestly know that feeling as i was the same. I know how hard it is to stop drinking but honesly, drink and postnatal depression is a nightmare. You'll be stuck in a circle forever.

When you drunk less did you feel a little better? I find when i'm not drinking my tablets work wonders but even one drink completely messes me up.

You can do this. It's life changing and well worth it. Buy the supplements, get the drink out of the house and keep trying!!! You're a really really strong person for trying for sooo long with or without success. I'm sooo sorry to hear you have postnatal depression. That is the worse thing ever. It's sooo hard. *HUGE HUG* We're all here for you, keep posting and i hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Comment

You're head's pointed in the right direction - here! Towards support & understanding
                      Keep close & keep us posted

Gold
                      :sun:

Comment

Hi there
                        I too was drinking heavily after post natal depression (plus on medication) It was a real downward spiral, drinking more and more, feeling worse and worse. I have 2 kids aged 3 and 4 and it was after the second was born, that things got really worse. I then had to have a hysterectomy earlier this year which depressed me even more. However I realised I had a problem and am slowly sorting myself out. This site has really helped and I'm now on day 43 AF. It's tough at times, but with lots of willpower and thinking what do you really want for you and your family long term, you can get there. Read around the site, post and keep going. everyone is here to support you
                        Good luck on your journey
                        sausage x

Comment

Working...
                        X