ODAT - Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Tuesday

aKGIRL - DAY 6 WOW Well done... dont know where you are but we had a hot spring day here, my day 2 as an ODAT'er... not proud of that but that is why I didnt start in ther weekly group.....keeping busy helps!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hey lee i'm from Melbourne Oz be proud you are trying and doing great

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Akgirl....Alaska Girl! And it's a frigid 1 degrees here, yup just 1. And getting darker by the day.

Leelou, hot...spring...:upset: wish I was there!
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Great job AKGirl! I knew you had it in you. I'm on day 4, again. Should be uphill from here.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Thanks Boss,

The CDs were my ticket to AF. So far, so good!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Good Day all ODATers
              Well, the birthdays are over, mine and my son's. We went out to dinner last night. I was not pleased with the restaurant, but it was nice to be out with my sis and son. I got lovely gifts from sis, son and daughter. My daughter is treating me at the nail salon today. She is such a sweetie. I hope you all have a great day!!! Back to work for me tonigh. Ugh....
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Greetings ODATers,
                OK - another day 1 for me today - had to drink wine with that Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and then as per usual, had to finish it off after my company left. Why, oh why, do I do that, and why, oh why did I eat so much. I went to bed at 12:30 and still felt stuffed, and one should never go to bed with a full stomach - dreams galore. Woke at 5am and couldn't sleep after that. I have been dreaming really long,epic dreams lately, sort of "the end of the world" kind of dreams. Wonder what the future holds for us!

AKgirl - good for you! I will try to listen to the clearing and hypno cd's tonight (I tend to favour the subliminal one!) and see if it will help me stay AF this week. Not a very successful long weekend in that regard!!! Boss, you keep up the good work too!!! Doing great!!

Vera- I do love those maple leafs. A couple weeks ago, riding home from work on my bike, I stopped under a maple tree and collected a mess of perfect yellow and golden maples leaves off the ground, and kept them in a bowl in my living room for a bit. So pretty!!

Happy spring to all you "down-unders" - I am not looking forward to the frigid months to come!! Not too cold today, but rainy - AND, voting day here in Canada. Must do that pronto, after work!

Greetings to everybody else and all to come!
                xoxo Peanut

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Day 25 here. I'm on the downward slide to 30. This weekend will be challenging as my kids will be at grandma and grandpa's house. Usually take these "adult" weekends as an opportunity to party like a rock star. This will be my firt time to party like a mormon missionary. At least it will be quiet around here. My 4 and 5 year old boys make quite a ruckus.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

noma'am, you are the bomb!! I'm counting down those 5 more days with you - I can't wait for you to hit 30 days. I'm SO proud of you!! :l
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Noma'am --- way to go on 25 ---- and AKgirl -- a great big congratulations to you on day 6 .... I have struggled with completing 5 days and have to keep starting again. One of these times, I'm going to make it past that ... but so happy you have. Keep it up ... ODAT!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

First off, I have to say: nom'aam, look at where you are today and where you were before. You are doing awesome!!!

AKGirl, same thing. You are doing very well. I know it is hard but keep it up.

NewDay, keep trying. You will get there. It took me forever. But I did.

All other ODATers. Remember, this is not a race, this is not a competition. This is simply "One Day At A Time." All of us are one drink away from being drunk. But, today we can be sober. Today we can be happy because sober means happy. It really does. Even if life throws crap your way. Even if things look bleak. At least sober, we can take it on. Drunk, we can do nothing. Nada.

So, to one more day sober!!
                        Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Noma'am--

I can so relate to the no kids=drink like there's no tomorrow. The last time that happened was when I finally got serious about quitting! I did plenty of drinking with my kids around too, but when I didn't have to be responsible for them--look out! Did things I'm not proud of at all!
                          Maybe you could find something fun to do for yourself in their absence. Or just enjoy the peace and quiet! You will be amazed at how much better you'll feel physically and mentally!

Everyone sounds great. I'm keeping busy with the last of the harvest from the monster garden. Will be glad to get my kitchen back in order.

Know it's late, but have a great day/night all! :h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Thanks Cindi ---- I won't give up trying ... practice makes perfect! ... and you are a great inspiration. I'm so happy for you .... you sound terrific. Yes, sober does = happy.... particularily the morning after a sober evening!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Cinders;441212 wrote: This is simply "One Day At A Time." All of us are one drink away from being drunk. But, today we can be sober. Today we can be happy because sober means happy.
                              Well said, thank you for your (all of your) encouraging words. I'm so excited, I have never reached this many AF days together!! My goal is 30!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

AK Girl - Way to go Day 6!! Keep it up. You are well on your way to 30!!

No mam .. . Yahoo! 5 more days! 30 days!! It is in reach!! There are lots of things you can don without kids that don't involve AL . . . . sleep, bubble baths, uninterrupted movies, grownup food . . the list goes on!! Have fun! Be creative and remember you are SO close!!

I am on Day 14. Last night was really the first big social temptation - hosting an event at my house. I, too like to clean up with a glass or SO of wine. But when my guests left, I immediately poured the rest of the bottle down the sink and cleaned up with music instead!! This is the beginning of a week of several temptations . . . .taking them one at a time!! First one knocked down!!

I am working tonight so should complete 14 and then tomorrow will be at the halfway point!!!!

EG

Comment

Working...
                                X