Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Safe Place for those of us still drinking to post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I just wanted to start a thread for those of us who are currently drinking and suffering through it.
    I would like this to be a "Safe Place" for us to post without fear of being judged, and for us to share our day to day experiences.
    It is not a thread to 'promote' the drinking of alcohol by any means, it is simply a place for us to vent.. to cry... to support each other, without being worried that the content of our messages will offend anyone currently modding or being AF.

To share our negative experiences day-to-day of our relationship with alcohol will be sometimes depressing and heart-rending, but at least we will know that we are in this together and that people care.

Jo
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

this whole site is a safe place and if you come online and post while drinking.. thats great you are looking for help and surport and thats what matter.. at least that how i feel .. keep posting would love to hear more
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hey, I'm trying to make it thru day 2, but it's rough. I can't eat (the first thing I want to do after a couple of drinks IS eat...) Trying to drink water but it has been difficult to keep much down or not have even water make my tummy feel queasy. I can't sleep and keep getting spells of sweating or freezing. Been on the couch the whole time just trying too make it thru the withdrawls.

I have the book, read some, not all yet. Have the supps, but they made me violently ill, so no plans to touch them until if and when I make it thru withdrawls.

Only have 2 Librium left, that sucks.

Last month I had six, almost 7 days AF. Had to go to the hospital to detox, but that's no longer an option. I am unemployed and no insurance. No money for rehab, thou there's a place that does free inpatient in Tennessee. Unfortunately it is Christian and Bible based and that is not my cup of tea and would prolly make my cravings worse. But beggars can't be choosers, right?

Thanks for the thread Chelle.
      It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Why would anyone join this forum then judge? Makes no sense to me.
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

We'ld all be hypacrites if we did'nt invite those that still drink ! That's our mission is to keep sober and help those that need help ! Anyone of us could fall at anytime.....we all know thier is no cure for Alcholic Abuse. Always be dilagent !!! Extend a helping hand to our fellow brothers and sisters in need ! IAD.
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

:l Just read your post, rach. My thoughts are with you, buddy :l
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Rachel, I'm sorry to hear you are in a bad place right now - hang in there, I promise it does get better!!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

rachelita.. try drinking hot tea with honey and bread or toast and what i did when i was going cold turkey was use rubbing isopropy alcohol on my hands ..just alittle .. i know sounds wierd but it work for me ..
                and if you are not working right now just try to stay busy reading here and google anything that you might think might help online .. there are so many ways out there ..justread and learn what will work for you .. stay strong and think positive

Comment

Hang in there Rach - sounds like you're trying hard!

Tlrgs - rubbing AL on your hands??? I would have licked it off. Come on, I got diesel on my hands after filling my car and I licked it off! Hubby cringed.
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I don't have any honey, but will try tea. I don't know about the rubbing alcohol on my hands though...

Comment

vlad;439897 wrote: Hang in there Rach - sounds like you're trying hard!

Tlrgs - rubbing AL on your hands??? I would have licked it off. Come on, I got diesel on my hands after filling my car and I licked it off! Hubby cringed.
                      diesel?? love the smell of gas, but licking it? pass- lol!

Comment

Rach..... it may be tough but thier is help- here to get you throught the rough times. IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

yes vlad it has some al in it but it asorbes in to your skin and hey what ever works you know ..
                          i had to try anything at that time in my life where i was alone and with no one to help me ..and i didnt even know about this site or aa at that time ..just still waking up so to say..at that point

Comment

thanks for the words of encouragement all!

IAD, where do you get your images for the word assoc. thread? They're always so good!

Comment

A necessary thread

tlrgs;439876 wrote: this whole site is a safe place...
                              tlrgs - agree with you completely. The big picture has to be that THIS IS A SAFE PLACE & indeed it is. I think the very occasional awkward moments that arise are inevitable & part of any emotional learning process. The magic here is that people can SAFELY DISCUSS any awkward feelings, get a lot of honest & varied feedback & usually the matter is quickly resolved

I do though agree with Chelle that this is a necessary thread, especially for newbies.

I put a lot of time & thought into where felt "ok" to post when I first joined. And i'm pretty comfortable talking about my issues & listening to other people. For somebodynew, depressed or just plain unsure about taking that leap of faith & admitting, for maybe the first time, that they need help, it needs to be simple & clear where it's "ok" to be

Chelle - I salute you! & I'll be back... :goodjob:

Gold
                              :sun:

Comment

Working...
                              X