Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Safe Place for those of us still drinking to post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries, one2.

WIP, Rachelita.......the CAB offers advice on all sorts of issues, allowing people to become aware of their rights and responsibilities as citizens. It is also there to make us aware of any services available to us, be that with regard to anything from housing issues to where to get help for drug and alcohol dependencies. It`s a free service, 80% of the staff being volunteers. It`s an excellent service.

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

ahhh... sounds like a really good thing!

Comment

You are the Champions........go and get help where you can ! IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi, I hit rock bottom. Really screwed up on Saturday. I have got to rid myself of this addiction. I have been drinking since age 13 or 14. I am now 49. good lord I should not be doing the things I've done at this age. For God's sake I have 4 grandkids. I hope this is my saving place.

Comment

Barb.....We can help. We have been where you have been. Some of us still are. That's why we're here. I support you......but for more help from our vast resource of knowledge, Post a new thread under " Just starting Out". You'll get more show time. Good Luck. IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Not doing so well

Help... Had to have a glass of wine so I can sleep. Once I get the supps and cd's does this craving go away? I still can't sleep by the way. :upset:

Comment

Autumn,
                Same here, one glass, not tired, poured glass 2 just now. Plan to stop after glass 3. Funny thing is, I feel guilty, but I don't. I made a full 48 hours the past two days. Not drinking tomorrow. Taking ODAT beginning tomorrow. Gotta get my apartment cleaned up, it's a total sty!
                Chin up girl. From what I hear, the supps do help, but you have to experiment to figure out how much of what to take. The first time I took them all at once and I got violently ill; I had to run to the bathroom. Decided to start one at a time or half of each but at different times of the day.
                I am still taking my vitamins though. I feel like a pharmacy! I have like 15 bottles of pills!
                Anyway, good luck.
                Rach
                It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

Thanks Rach This s @#$. Going to bed. Will catch up tomorrow

Comment

Hi guys..
                    Well Im not drinking today... but then again, it's only 9am here in the UK and I have 12 hours til my bairn comes home (he's off to his grandparents for dinner after school and then on to army cadets). So I have so much time on my hands, which I think is part of the problem.
                    I know my partner will be coming home at 6pm and he'll probably walk through the door wondering if Im sober, or sitting in corner somewhere drunk.
                    It's more of a case of one HOUR at a time here.. rather than one day at a time.
                    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Rachelita;440692 wrote: Gotta get my apartment cleaned up, it's a total sty!
                      Rach
                      Same here!
                      Every room needs cleaning here.. looks like a bombsite.
                      Still, at least it will keep me busy.
                      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Hi O2
                        Good Morning to you too!

Comment

one2many;440758 wrote: You were so right about dogs Chelle! I am in love with my new little man....dogs are so much better than people! They dont judge and give you love no matter what!lol
                          So true
                          I got up this morning, looking and feeling like crap and while I was sorting out my bairn's breakfast my dogs were bounding around me wanting to play.. I couldnt help but smile..

Comment

hi chelle and the rest tht are having to cope with this awful delema,you are so rt in what you say,after AL free for 10 months i started to mod 2months i decided to stop again,some can som cant,just finding it is like having a second JOB,even stopping for me is like a second job,thinking if you can,you were wise to start a thread like this just to vent,we all suffer in diferent ways,i wish you well, gyco

Comment

Thinking of everyone who is having a hard time - Hippie, LM, Chelle hang in there!

Welcome Autumn and Barb, I look forward to reading more posts from you.
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

11.30 am here.. and hanging in.
                                Giving my kitchen a good old spring clean and got a film on laptop in background to keep me occupied.

Was hunting through dvd collection and since its the eve of returning to dentist to get stitches out, and still in pain, I had to laugh when I came across "Jaws"...
                                NOPE... dont think I'll be watching that one, lol.

Anyone heard from Hippie today? When he logs in he'll probably find a ton of PM's waiting in his box from all of us! Wondering how he's getting on with the CAB visit. From what Ive been researching, fathers are getting more and more rights nowadays, so fingers crossed they have some good news for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X