Really scarred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really scarred

You are no more scared than any of the rest of us. Take a deep breath and know that you just took the first step- you found MWO and you joined us. I am a newby too- and am AF for 6 days now. 6 DAYS- did I say that- wow, if I can do it, so can you. I had to hit rock bottom to find out that I needed to do something to change my life. I went to my first AA meeting 2 days ago, It helped alot. Dont try to do this on your own- there is support out there, but only if you want it
    good luck, stay with the group
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Really scarred

Welcome Keeny and G,
      This is a great site and you will find tons of support here. Keep reading and posting. Let us know how we can help you.
      Help

Comment

Really scarred

Hey Keeney,

I'm new here too....... i could see myself going to hell as it were if i carried on....... i'm not following the MWO method but i havent had time to look at it (believe me on day one your mind is all over the place lol)

I got myself on an alcohol therapy course...... but there was a long queue...... eventually one day i went into my docs in crisis....... he phoned my counsellor......agreed to do a home detox on Librium..... some scary hours later and i'm in day 2...... getting there and feeling better already!!!!....

For me engaging proffesionals and being honest with those around me...... got me started.....for the nth bloody time!!!!!.....

Cheers
        jondoh

Comment

Really scarred

Hi Keeney

I reckon pretty much anyone of this site can relate to some or all of what you say and are going through. We all drink in different ways, some drink more than others but we're all here because of the effects it has on us - and these effects are pretty much the same wherever you are in the world. I joined the site and was immediately successful at my first task (31 days) but since have flirted with stopping and starting - I know when I was happier and that was when I wasn't drinking - I had self-respect when I woke up in the morning. Hang on it there because these people are okay - they care, they understand and they'll walk with you. Px
          Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Really scarred

Dont be scared, We are rolling right with you. I am 8 days AF. If I can do , you can do it too. I went to my first AA meeting last Monday, and looking forward to going back next monday. Use your support group! we are here for you:welcome:
            DLW
            Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
            And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
              Today is a Mystery
              Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Really scarred

It's me again - you can tell its an AF day for me - I can't get off the site! I've just read RJs account (better late than never) and I think the power of the mind is something else - I've always put great store by it - pity I don't remember that more often! Has anybody tried the hypno CDs?
              Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Working...
              X