How many women/girls/ ladies here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realised that for a bran new poster that does sound weird. :new: But I have just joined, and I know that both sexes are here, I just wondered are their many other women here? > I am forty, ( good heavens I HATE writing that down, I feel 18 ) and have four children, so maybe just knowing who is similar will sometimes help me.

im in dublin , 4 kids , 38 and suffering from terminal boredom! lol!

Comment

Hey! Welcome.
      I'm a ladie but i'm only 25.
      We're all here to help and support each other regardless of age and sex.
      I look forward to getting to know you. :l
      Bye XXX

Comment

oh and cead mile failte Mise....are you alcohol free at the moment ?

Comment

Hello and Welcome
          I think that you will find that the women far outnumber the men here for some reason. It is just the opposite in the AA meetings that I attend.
          I just turned 47 on Monday, but also feel 18 (most days) lol
          I have three grown children (in their 20's) Two of them still live with me.
          Stressed out Registered Nurse.
          I look forward to getting to know you.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Welcome Mise,

1 12 yo son

7 days AF!!

Good Luck :l
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Mise you are in great company!

Not sure why, but the ratio of women to men here is about 4:1. But that doesn't much matter because the reason we are here is the same.

We had a wonderful time in Ireland in 2004; Dublin, Galway and our favorite spot Killarney. We loved the small town feel and warm people everywhere in the country, even though we were just tourists.

I turned 48 on Monday (same day as Seacalling) and have a full head of hair (mostly) that is mostly grayish brown. I'm exceedingly happy I got my Father's Mother's hair and figure, and not my Mother's Father's, which would have me grey, bald and pudgy. I love welcoming all you kids to the forum.

Comment

Oh thanks for replying, I only asked because you read everywhere that married women are less likely to suffer from problem drinking, ( thats pure rubbish). So I decided to ask. I wouldn't be drinking out like men on business conferences, more like open a can of beer, then another and another ...... I know I need to cut it out, I can do a maybe a week or two not touch a drop...... but then when I do have one, unlike my husband I want another, and then it goes on. I haven't had a drink since monday, and I intend not to have one till christmas, just to see if I have to have one, If I do then I will have to just stop. ( I made that sound so easy, when in fact it is anything but easy). :thanks: for all your welcomes. Bossman, glad you enjoyed your trip here, most people are very friendly and the rural pubs are great craic, .

Comment

for some mad daft reason I thought I would be the only paddy...... this is great,....

Comment

question for you all, why beside my name does it have a thing called a permalink? and where do I get the little moody faces? Like one too many has a busy little chap?

Comment

go to the my mood thing on top of the page and press it.

Comment

I am a woman. Yes, really.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

whens the last time you checked Vlad??

Comment

at this rate we can start a paddy meet up!

Comment

Hi Mise,

Another "girl" here! I'm 48 and have 3 grown children and 2 grand kids (one turned 5 yesterday! the other is 2).

I've only been visiting the forum less than 2 weeks. I'm in the mountain time zone in the US. I was also a bit surprised how many women are on this forum. Glad you are here! I look forward to getting to know you.

The site took me a while to get familiar with too but I think I've got it now.

periwinkle
                              Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X