Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 14

Hi all.

SO i'm just writting to let everyone know how i'm doing. I'm now at day 14 AF. It's been VERY VERY VERY hard to say the least. The past 2 days have been a bit better so hopefully the worst is over.
    I'm feeling more confident but i'm very aware that that is very dangerous so i can't lower my guard.

I had a nightmare last night. It was really weird. I dreamt i had been drinking and i honestly felt the effects of it while asleep and i woke up feeling like i had a hangover. How odd is that and no, i difinately did not have a drinking session in my sleep *lol* There is no drink in the house thank goodness otherwise i would have been questioned it due to how i felt this morning. Any ideas what that was? I feel a bit better but still a bit crapy.

:thanks:

Day 14

That is such good news, LM!!! I am really proud of you as I'm sure you are of yourself. Sorry about the crappy nightmare; those dreams will subside soon. I do still have one occasionally so be aware of that. By all means, don't let your guard down for a second; AL is waiting patiently on the side-lines to take advantage of that moment, if and when it surfaces. Keep on going the way you have...you are doing great and almost 1/2 way to 30 days!!! Kriger
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day 14

Hi LM! Sorry to hear of your nightmare, but perhaps it is inevitable when we have been doing something habitually over a long period. I had dreams about smoking for at least 18 months after stopping. The dreams were so vivid, I would wake up convinced I had smoked several ciggies during the night. It was such a relief when I realised I had just dreamed it, but I could taste the ciggies in my dreams! I am sure the dreams will go away soon. Congratulations on day 14!

Comment

Day 14

Congrats on day 14! You go girl! :thumbysup:

periwinkle :huggy:
        Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Day 14

Congrats on Day 14!!!! That is so awesome, I am really proud of you.
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Day 14

Way to go LM!!! You are doing GREAT!!!

Drinking dreams are pretty common. Most of us have had them, and they can go on for years. It's nice to wake up and realize that it was just a dream! I find that they are good reminders of how rotten it feels (or would feel) to be drinking again...

wip

Comment

Day 14

LM You are truly a hero for us all.

Keep it up.

Comment

Day 14

Great job LM,
                Keep up the great work!
                Kriger-love your avatar.
                Help

Comment

Day 14

Michelle, that is BRILLIANT!! I found the second week tough too and had the dreams and waking with what seemed like a hangover. It has passed for me though.
                  God I am SO impressed with you!!!!
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Day 14

LilM
                    I am sooo proud of you. I know how hard it has been for you. Stay strong Woman. You Rock!!
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day 14

Hey lil.michelle you have acheived something fantastic! Wow you are amazing! I can remember reading your posts when you were strugglin, give yourself a pat on the back!
                      lol evie:goodjob:
                      Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
                      Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
                      For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
                      "

Comment

Day 14

hey,
                        I had the same kind of dreams when I quit drugs 7 years ago. They lasted about 2 years..(sorry). It would take me about 5 min to realize it was a bad dream and I was still clean. I think the fear helped me stay sober.
                        MM

Comment

Day 14

Congrats to you I am on day 6 and so far so good, That evil twin will always be behind us- tapping on our shoulder with temptation. Keep strong, and take it day by day, and if that is to hard, go for 4 hour windows at a time, and if that is still hard, break it down to 2 hour windows. I am routing you on and Me Too
                          Dlw
                          DLW
                          Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                          And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                            Today is a Mystery
                            Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Day 14

awesome job keep it going
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day 14

Congratulations lil.michelle ---- I hope to be able to post the same thing one of these days!. After 20 years of heavy drinking, it's tough going! Well done ... keep it up!:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                              X