Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Thursday

Hello the ODAT crew!

Turkey soup theme has given me a smile - I bought a slow-cooker a few days ago. Determined to eat a lot better once i'm AF. The thought of a bowl of steaming, comforting stew is a good one with winter round the corner...

Sups & CDs arrived yesterday. CD'd myself to sleep, then started a few of the sups today. Will keep you posted

You guys are amazing, thanks 4 all your posts. I've gone from finding this site out of desperation a few weeks ago, to actually looking forward to being AF! Slowly, slowly catchy monkey

Take care all
    Gold
    :sun:

Comment

ODAT Thursday

YUMMM sounds so delicious Uni I absoultley love that style of slow cooking everything infuses together Yummmmmmmmmm

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Hey peeps!

Wow!!! Turkey soup to be made in my house too today!!! But not until after I get home from work. Already boiled (simmered!!) the carcass, just have to clean and add the veggies! I love the smell of turkey soup - I think the soup is my favourite part of the turkey!!!!

Have a great day today ODATers - must get to work here!!!
        xoxo Peanut

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Peanut --- I'm with you ... love the soup but 2nd to the cold turkey and cranberry sandwiches.
          Captn --- the Canadians here just had our Thanksgiving weekend ... so lots of leftover turkey. After the turkey dinner (mine was a 22 lb./10kg. one that took 7 1/2 hours to cook!) .... we have cold turkey sandwiches the next day, then the carcass with lots of meat on it goes into the stock pot with onions, celery, lots of carrots, parsley. Simmer that for 3 - 4 hours. I discard everything except the carrots .... add that back into the pot of stock... and then it's whatever else you like in your soup .... the rest of the leftover turkey meat, cooked pasta, corn, beans, tomatoes .... you get the idea. Real yummy and heartwarming!
          GoodAsGold --- I love slow cookers too. Mine gets put away in the warm summer months, but once this cooler fall weather hits, out it comes for the stew. I brought home my Mom's cast iron dutch oven when she passed away and love it for chili con carne and stew as well ... it's what she always made it in and so I have fond memories every time I use that pot.
          Nice to see you back Uni ---
          Have a good sleep Sea!
          You're doing great AK! Keep it up girl!
          IAD --- your photos crack me up! LOL!
          Hugs, ND

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Sorry so late Capt'n, but the one that must be obeyed had a project for me this morning. Ha! Better late that never ! IAD.[ame= ]YouTube - The Monkees - Daydream Believer[/ame]
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Day 27 here. I'm celebrating with 3 wasp stings on my finger. Turns out there is a softball sized wasps nest inside the bush I was about to prune by hand. I walked up to it, shoved my hand right into the middle to grab a branch and ZAP ZAP ZAP. My wedding band went flying somewhere as I was screaming and frantically shaking my hand. I'm to creeped out to look for it right now though. THEY are out there... I guess I've lost some weight concidering my ring was so loose.

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Oooohhh no ma'am sorry about your finger!! 27 days - FANTASTIC!! Watch out. Svelte and with out a wedding band you will have all kinds of people hitting on you!!!

IAD - you made me laugh. I sat there and watched the whole monkeys video! Old enough to remember them!! Too much fun!!

Day 16 here . . trying to make it to 30. Have book club tonight . . . also referred to as wine club. Going to stop in and try to get back in time for the Office!!

Good to hear from all the ODATers!!! Slay the beast!

EG

Comment

ODAT Thursday

IAD - I used to LOVE the Monkey's when I was little - especially little Davey Jones!! You wouldn't happen to have any "today" pics of those dudes??? Just real curious!

Noma'am - you are doing so great! I got several wasp stings this past summer - they are nasty!! I'm always glad when the frost comes and freezes or scares them away! Amazing about your wedding ring. During my (one and only) 30 days AF, I lost 12 pounds!! Now, shouldn't that be incentive to do it again??? I am thinking November might be the month!!!! How can I get myself pumped enough to actually do it though, is the real question!!!!

Peanut

Comment

ODAT Thursday

This the best I could do 1980's pics.....IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

ODAT Thursday

Daydream believer, and a homecoming queen . . . Hi fellow ODATs,

Sounds like everyone is in the kitchen cooking turkey soup! I've never made it, but it sounds absolutely divine. I'll confess cooking is not my thing - just never got too interested. But like the little red hen's friends, I'm more than happy to help you eat!!!

Looking forward to the weekend. Nothing much going on, which is just fine with me. Red Sox are getting killed for the 3rd straight game, so I'll be going to bed soon. Don't want to witness the carnage. Class at church last night was very interesting. We spent the evening exploring the concept of "community." Well, my MWO friends, we INVENTED community. We could so teach this segment. Take out the drinking stories, add a little Jesus, and there you go. On that note, will head for bedtime. Uni, so glad to hear from you. Figured you'd been very busy. Glad to hear all is well with you. See ya'll tomorrow.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
                      X