Feel like slave who has been sold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all...I've been in shock for several days. One day I was working for a company I've been with for 7 years....the next day I was working for another company that I HATE!!! It was a merger of sorts but several of us (including my husband) were told our positions at the our company were eliminated and we are now working for the other company. The change effects duties, retirement, medical insurance, salary, hours.....in short just about everything. I'm coming out of shock this am and feeling damn angry!!!!! No prior notice, no asking if we would like to work for THE COMPANY FROM HELL....which I guess the first company could ALSO be called the same given the recent actions. The supervisor that "shared" the news to me acted like we were lucky just to have a job!!!!! That's like rubbing salt in a wound....since in a sense anyone who has a job in this economy IS lucky to have a job.

So, I've got my big girl panties on and am looking at other options.

RE: the drinking.....I haven't touched the vodka...that hasn't really been hard. Moderating wine use has not been successful this week. I'm not making excuses.....I'm the one making the choices. I'm not sure I have the strength right now to go AF....I committed to the 30 day AF beginning in Nov...but had hoped to start sooner.

At least my dh and I can support each other as we look at options. We have another part time business which gives us something to keep us going.

I really want to drink today....but will take my supplements, exercise, do the hypnotherapy, and read the Tao of Sobriety which I'm finding helpful. The last 2 days I just sipped wine all day.....for me, after a couple of glasses a switch goes off and I stop thinking about it.

Trying to be AF today, Gaia

Wow Gaia, big changes & so sudden too. Angry sounds reasonable. Big girl panties are the way ahead! I'm finding the sups & CDs a great help too
    Keep steady
    Gold
    :sun:

Comment

Gaia,

That is a lot to deal with! Life can come at us hard sometimes. Seems like often all at once. You are right that you make your choices, but sometimes it's not reasonable to expect too much from ourselves. I agree that you have to be emotionally ready for an AF time.

My mom used to annoy me with some of her "words of wisdom" but one that I have held onto through my adulthood is this:
      "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on".
      So this ones for you Gaia:
      Hang in there :chute: we are all here for you!

periwinkle :huggy
      Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Good for you!!! I love that saying... Put my big girl panties on!!!
        Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Thanks all......I can handle the job changes...given a little time for it to sink in.....just finding that it seems to sink in easier after a couple glasses of wine. I hate that I let myself get to this point. The saying "when you come to the end of your rope tie a know and hang on" PRICELESS. I'm sending wishes for a good week for all of us.... Gaia

Comment

.....and that should be knot.........LOL

Comment

Wow Gaia,

You've really put a face on all the economic news we're hearing. You read about this merger and that bailout; and I wonder if anyone is thinking about all the people whose lives are directly affected by all the changes. And, the muckety-mucks that have been on the horn and in each other's boardrooms dealing with the changes for some time don't have any problem springing it on everyone else. I think a Jesus course should be required of the lot of them - learning to treat others as they would hope to be treated. Hang in there - don't give into the terroists. Be sober in spite of them. We're here for you friend.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
              X