I get so tired of trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get so tired of trying

Again and again and again and again and again and again and ....

I get so tired of trying

Me too, PPC.

But if we stop trying we will never get there- we just have to keep at it.

Comment

I get so tired of trying

Hmmm, does sound like you're tired pink. What's been going on?
      I'm sure you can dust yourself off & get on track again as soon as you feel able to put your mind to it. You know it's worth it

Gold
      :sun:

Comment

I get so tired of trying

How I know. Not wanting to take your thread, but I want to encourage you if you havent tried. I have NOEVER gone without drinking more than 6 days except for the 3 times I was pregnant. I am 42, my youngest child is 9, almost 10. Two days after I visited this site, for the FIRST time, I comitted to a 30 day. I did better than expected. I made it 30 days, not as HORRIBLE as I thought. Yes, some sickness at first, no sleep, restless, excited, proud, noticed changes. Guess what, today is my 31st day, and for a treat, I went bought a 6-pack.
        Beer, def, my drink of choice. My only one basically. Im not beating myself up, but I know where I stand. I have one left. I got a desperate feeling. (my mind) if this is the only day you can drink in a while, drink all you can. Get a Good Buzz. Am I loving it, yes, right now it is like sleeping with your best soul mate and "finishing" lol. But, I know this isnt for me. I will stop tonight AGAIN.......Like you said, and I will keep trying. You may just have to get started stopping. That was the hardest for me. I am very very proud of my 30 days. Yes, I messed up tonight with a "so-called celebration, BUT, I have not doubt, where I was last week is where I want to be. SOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I get so tired of trying

Gosh, peppercorn, if I had a penny for each time I tried... I would be rich!

The hardest part for me is not getting started. It is staying committed. I know that I love to be sober. Life feels so much better sober. All around great stuff!

I had some good AF time here. 8 months at one point. I got lazy, and stopped doing the work to keep me sober. I liked what I did see in the mirrow while being AF; but then came the hard work and I had to face a lot of stuff. Like we all do. I started to mod.... well fell flat on my face within 3 months.

It was HARD starting to be AF again this time around. You do get tired of the same ol.... Start today, start tomorrow, BS. The mental fight. But with dertmination... and will.... we all can do this.

Life is much prettier on the other side. You have to keep on trying. As tiring as it is.

Comment

I get so tired of trying

Hello Pink,

Just want you to know how much I identify with the color pink. It's empowering. It's the color of girls. It's the fight against breast cancer. It's a color that says I CAN. So, I know you've been at it more times than you'd like to think, but think AGAIN. Think PINK. Think YOU CAN.

Vera-b

Comment

I get so tired of trying

if we keep trying and we never give up and eventually one time, it will stick!
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

I get so tired of trying

Trying is better than not trying. Also, it is healthier than not trying.

Comment

I get so tired of trying

Hey hun. I KNOW that feeling only to well! Jut remember the reason we're trying in the first place. If you're AF for 2 days and slip, you still gave your liver a 2 days break. It's better then drinking those 2 days!! I look at this like, it took a while to make me like this, so it'll take a while to get me back to AF. As long as you're trying it's fine!!! Good luck hun. Try stay strong!

Comment

I get so tired of trying

Thanks for that lil.michelle. I like that idea that at least it is a little break for the old liver of a couple of days is better than none. But I know - it is so hard some times. I want to do an AF November. My BF keeps saying, let November start today then. I am having a hard time getting back to it. I am determined not to drink this week, but the past couple months, I keep saying that and keep failing. I feel good if I can go 3 days!!! But - WE HAVE TO KEEP TRYING!!! If we stop trying - then... then what????? We can't give up on ourselves!!!
                    I'm rootin' for you and for me!!
                    xo Peanut

Comment

I get so tired of trying

Yep, we all have to keep trying.
                      I managed to keep wine intake down to 4 glasses on saturday night, as opposed to 3 bottles...
                      An NO, they weren't PINT glasses lol... just wee tumblers.
                      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

I get so tired of trying

Good for you Chelle, that's progress!!! Keep it going!:yougo:
                        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Working...
                        X