I need some support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some support

Hello New. I read your post and although I am so sorry about the past four years of your life I'm very happy you haven't wasted more. There are many who aren't so fortunate and spend years of their life on this addiction. I do not mean to trivialize all you have been through but you are still young and have so much now to hope and strive for. I'm glad for your 9 weeks of sobriety and that you want to give back by counselling others with this addiction. I hope to see you on the boards and to know that you continue with your sobriety. Best wishes to you as you make this fresh start.

Comment

I need some support

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I need some support

Welcome NewStart,

That is some extreme living in such a short time! Are you a spiritual person? Many of us believe there are no accidents - that things in life happen for a reason. We don't always know what it is, but I've found that I can get a glimpse when looking in the rearview mirror. In a few years, you may look back on this period of your life and come to the realization that without the trial, you wouldn't have tasted the success/accomplishment/happiness/self assurance/etc. that may well be on the horizon. Trust that the lessons learned, albeit with great difficulty, are not lost. And they may have indeed paved the way for far better things. And with sobriety, you are well poised to discover that brighter future.

Your recognition of the things in life you are grateful for is a wonderful step in the right direction. Hope to hear much more from you!

Vera-b

Comment

I need some support

I just wanted to say welcome. You will find people here who can relate to your situation and who can offer great support and advise. You have made great progress already.

Comment

Working...
          X