new pixie on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new pixie on the block

hello everyone - i hope i have found a special place. i am quite nervous about opening up to people i am not face to face with, but hope it will help me get my life into a balance. i seem to be split in two, part of me i love yet the other part of me seems to be an alien. the alien does everything i detest - drink, smoke, behave like a banshee ... when i say drink, i mean DRINK - its aweful, but i seem to have no control of that part of me.

all i can say is HELP- alcohol is slowly eating away at the goodness in me, and i feel like i am starting to loose grip

am open to ALL advice and conversation
    spirit pixie
    I found myself on the roof of the world just waiting for to get my wings - The Waterboys

new pixie on the block

Hi Pixie , this place is great . Try the af army on general discussion..its a bunch of us in the same boat trying to make it through the day without booze . Every days a new day and if one of us slips up we just contine on as best we can , its a great place for support ...good luck to you!

Comment

new pixie on the block

G'day there Pixie.. Like Limer's say's. this is a totally awsome site (man). great supportive people here, non judgmental, a wealth of info, and read as many threads as you can. some great inspiration day to day here... Welcome! Greg.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

new pixie on the block

Hi Pixie, welcome to you! Think we have all been where you are right now and we are finding ways to get out of this mess.
        Keep posting and reading and let us all support you in your goals.
        Do you have a plan at all? Have you read the MWO book? Lots of helpful advice in there to get you started.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

new pixie on the block

Welcome to your new addiction - this site! :H
          We all know how you feel, so you are never alone here. You will find yourself surrounded by the strongest, most supportive people you'll ever know. You've definitely come to the right place to find your way out! :l :welcome:
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

new pixie on the block

sounds FABulous - thanks everyone - i am going to download the book and get reading !!
            although i feel good to be here and realise how desperately i need this place ....i have bees in my tummy thinking about the challenge ahead...
            I found myself on the roof of the world just waiting for to get my wings - The Waterboys

Comment

new pixie on the block

god , hippie gonna love you Pixie...hes a huge waterboys fan!

Comment

new pixie on the block

i have sat alone on many a mountain side with my headphones pressed into my ears - saturating my soul with their their lyrics ... seems recently the only saturating i do is with alcohol - my two controsting extremes - blah

Comment

new pixie on the block

your going to fit in well here Pixie...come on over to the af army girlie!

Comment

new pixie on the block

Pixie..I'm a musician. you're welcome to saturate your ears with my new c.d. i heard it this morning, it's brilliant, and only $20! what a steal... G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

new pixie on the block

why thank you Guitarista ! is that zimbabwe dollars ? then yes a steal it is - and where do we find this brilliant CD ?

Comment

new pixie on the block

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ug7bVBxtAbM]YouTube - The Waterboys - Glastonbury Song[/ame]

I don't know how many times I've sat out on the outreach in Abergele in North Wales and watched the sunsets over the sea listening to this tune. It was my haven away from the madness of London spending time up at Gwyrich Castle (click on my gallery photo on my profile at the right).

Anyway pixie just wanted to welcome you to the forum and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future and about you plans concerning your drinking etc.

Love and Happiness
                        Hippie
                        xx
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

new pixie on the block

WELCOME! There is a wealth of knowledge here! Good luck!
                          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

new pixie on the block

Welcome Pixie! I'm looking forward to more post from you!
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                            X