• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Tuesday

christy,
    My Canadian neighbor! Your post just made me cry. :upset:

Thank you for the the sunny thoughts. :l

I work alone out of my office in my home and struggle with depression. I'm on Lexapro and it helps but I dread the long dark nights. I have one of those lights which help this (I forgot what it's called) and I need to dig it out of the cellar and stay away from the wine...which turned into my husband's beer last night. That's something I never do. Well, I did. Thanks again. I grew up with expectations from my mother to be perfect and I still disappoint her every time I visit! It's incredible, I wish I'd just get over it.

Thanks again. I wish I could post another heart but I'm at my limit so
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Becoming - do you go to a therapist to talk about your depression? I suffered from depression for years and also the fear of parental rejection and that feeling of not being perfect enough for my parents - I can so relate to you - I know that's a big part of why I started drinking - to take away the lonliness and those feelings - it was so much easier to be numb. I have found a wonderful therapist and it helps so much to be able to talk about and identify my feelings.

Definitly time to pull the lamp out of the basement - I hope you feel better soon.

Love and hugs,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Hi Uni,
        Yes, I went to a therapist on more than one occassion was helped greatly. Currently I am under a lot of stress financially and with work and an alcoholic husband and need to take better care of myself. That's my biggest problem. I start off with the supps and eating well and exercising, which I need to do to keep my depression at bay, along with some self-cognitive therapy, but then I get feeling good and forget to keep it up! Thanks for the post and the suggestion. If I can't pull myself out, I will go back into therapy. I know my last therapist is only a call away. Everyone's support here helps tremendously!
        Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
        X