Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

Morning Odaters!

Well, I'm pretty proud of myself even though I'm feeling incredibly miserable and bummed out right now. My boyfriend and I had a HUGE fight last night - haven't had a fight like that in a year - the thing that ticks me off is he took something stupid - got selfish, blew it way out of proportion - argued with me for 20 minutes and then goes, okay, well, It's not that big a deal but we will need to deal with this later...........PARDON????? Not that big a deal? That's exactly what I was trying to tell you when you decided to go psychotic over something stupid!!! Anyway, I'm still very angry this morning, I didn't sleep well and the last thing I feel like doing is talking to him more about it.

BUT - I stayed AF and NF even though I was ready to pull my hair out and was in tears and didn't sleep - so I'm proud of that. Although to be honest if there had been smokes in the house I would have had one - there was AL in the house though and I fought the beast.......

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Love and Hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

ODAT - Friday

Wow UNI!!!! I'm proud too! That ROCKS!!! What a huge test and you passed with flying colors! Ahhhhhh... what a feeling to start the weekend with a huge success like that! :goodjob:

I ended up working yesterday afternoon so the weeds are still out there smirking at me. Maybe this afternoon. Me and the mower having at it.

I think I'm going to check out a job opportunity but invite myself to another town to discuss it in person over lunch.........with ulterior motives. The job is one this guy knows about but doesn't work for the company. I met him once and found him quite likeable and entertaining. My feet are sweating. :H

Have a plan today and write it down and stick it on your refrigerator door.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Wow hugs to you Uni you stayed AF you rock sweet heart!!!!!! Boy freind will realise one day he has fallin in love with the sweetest heart funny thing us guys well have no idea we are pretty stupid!!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Dearest Greenie WOW youre life seems well lets say complicated Any way i know you will deal with it love you forever Cap

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Friday Morning!!
          Just checking in quickly because I'm going to my volunteer job this morning. Everyone sounds positive and determined today. Greenie: Good luck with the job hunting. Uni: Good job staying AF through the blow up with your BF. Capt': Smooth sailing to you!
          Everyone have a great day.
          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Morning Uni, greeneyes, Captn, greenhouse and all ODATer's to come!
            Uni --- what an achievement to stay AF through that argument. That is a huge hurdle! --- and an inspiration .... I shall think about you when stressed and wanting a drink, because before I found MWO I would have been heading straight for the liquor cabinet.
            Greeneyes --- let us know how the "job interview" goes! Good luck on getting what you're after!
            Tonight will be a challenge for me --- hubby going out of town and daughter not coming home until tomorrow afternoon (she lives downtown, but comes home most weekends .... for food I think!) So tonight I will be on my own without anyone but myself (and you guys) to know whether I've been drinking. But that's not the point, is it.... it's me that should be most concerned whether I drink or not and I DON'T WANT TO! So having said that I will be trying my best to fight off AL!
            Love this clear-headed feeling in the morning! Have a great day everyone!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

(((((Uni))))) Excellent job not diving in a bottle! I know it's tough to fight...but it's so much better doing it sober...then those stupid things falling out of our mouths. I would always say some mean, or not make any sense at all--quite embarassing actually! You kept it together with grace! Good job!

I hope everyone has a great day today......I am on Day 10!!!!! Woohoo! I will be ok tonight, working until 9:30 then picking my DD up at a dance (her 1st one). Tomorrow night will be ok....hubby and I will be watching the fight, somethingI normally would have done drinking a TON. Not tomorrow! It's nice to be able to remember it the next day and not ask what happened or try to pretend like I do remember.

Greeneyes--good luck!!!!
              Cap--sounds like you are in a marvelous mood today!!!!!
              NewDay- You can do it! What about shopping???
              Greenhouse- Morning! Nice to meet you!
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

ODAT - Friday

I love you guys were is BESSIE

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi everyone

Well done Universal. Stress is one of my main triggers so after an argument like that I would run straight for the bottle so you should be proud of yourself.

Rushing so this is just a quick check in. Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Day
                    Haven't checked in here for awhile Sorry. I was having a rather tough struggle. Let's just say that I am back on Day 3, but I did see my doctor about anxiety and depression. I will e getting connected with a psychiatrist. My doc has put me on an antidepressant and anti-anxiety agent (temporary bandaid), until a shrink can see me. She did say that she would prescribe me the Topamax when I go back in 3 weeks. She did not want to start me on too many meds at once, and felt that dealing with the anxiety and depression should come first.

Amazing Uni!! Big pat on the back to u.
                    Ulterior motives, huh? Greenie Good for you woman.
                    I hope you all have a Great Friday. I will probably hit an AA meeting and then watch a movie.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Dear sea you are wonderful I love youre sweet heart Im starting 25 mg topa works for me but I use the supps and Hypno tapes too i think when folks say they are trying the Myo programee they dont do it to the letter it is important to read the book and do the programme IT WORKS if you really in your heart want to stop drinking

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Morning Everyone

And a happy Friday to you all!!! Life is good in my little corner of the world. Day 5 and feeling good. Planning my 12 soon to be 13 yo birthday party for this saturday. Ten hormonal preteens...uugghh!! Wish me luck.

:l to you all, have agreat day!!
                        AK
                        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

You are right Capt. I have read the book twice and will get the hypno CD's as soon as it is financially possible. I am sure that doc will give me the Topa, and the only supp that I lack is the kudzu. I just found a market in my town the carries it, so I will be picking it up. I use L-Glut right now. It all works when I do it right.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Friday

uni - congrats on staying AF and NF! I don't know if I could have done the AF.
                            greenie - good luck with the job and thanks for the plan reminder. I always forget that. Duh.
                            christy - congrats on day 10! It's been a long time for me. I've been up to 7 then, splat.
                            captn - you're always so loving!
                            greenhouse - a great day to you, too!
                            new day - I love your optimism...can you bottle some for me?!
                            rustop - it's nice to meet you.
                            sea - I'm in the same boat, depression and anxiety. The anxiety has subsided but the depression is a constant struggle for me. The sun's out and that helps me a LOT.
                            akgirl - wait until 16, 17...sorry. I won't go there :l

Have a great ODAT everyone! :h
                            Be
                            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT - Friday

wish i could hold ya hand sea and snuggle up to that movie

Comment

Working...
                              X