Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Saturday

Ok, my love, I'm in.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Love ya sea You are very close to my heart

Comment

ODAT Saturday

And you are close to mine Capt. I love u too, my man of the sea.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Day 8 for me and breaking new ground. I've done Day 7 three or four times now since Aug 2nd when I started this adventure, and fewer days many times. But today I get to reward myself with a special breakfast and also a special lunch for being on new territory.

Obviously, we'll have to keep Capn and Pan away from small appliances, and Savon away from big machines like automobiles. I was with my Mom, niece and nephew yesterday and they dragged her into the Apple store. My Mom blown away by the size of the new iPod Touch units. They get smaller with every new model, now about 4 credit cards thick and under three ounces for a 32GB unit.

Green be careful of temp folks. Sometimes they are focused, but in a slow economy sometimes they just are shuffling paper and using up time. The best way to find a job is still to inform everyone; family, friends, neighbors and strike up conversations in the grocery and bus, that you need a job. Inside referrals still are the #1 way people get employed. In my 20 years of owning a business I've hired about 200 people and interviewed more than a thousand. I can post a thread if you are interested...

Great to see you Seacailin. Did you go away for a bit? Nice to see you back.

Good day to all. It's 7:30 and still dark out here. I'll be glad when Daylight time ends a week from today. I usually get up in the dark on weekdays, but it's hard when I "Sleep in" and it's still dark.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Good For you Boss
            Stay strong. I have been lurking. Let's just say back on Day 4, and I got pretty damn sick this time. I did get your pm and will read it as soon as I can. I am having a problem with my daughter this morning. She is very sick and it is drug and AL related. I am working second shift all weekend, so should be staying out of trouble.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Good Morning All

Hope everyone is doing well this Saturday morning. It's party day at our house :day5: oh boy, I get to spend most of my day with a group of preteen boys....heaven help me.

Today should be day 6 but I had a few glasses of wine last night. I don't feel bad though, cause I didn't over do it at all. The meds and supps make it easy for me to stop when I want and mod. Which I might do over this weekend and start fresh on Monday. Monday is my sons actual birthday, I'm going to use that as a start date and try REALLY hard to get to 30.

Funny stories to start the day everyone.

Sea-hope you like the CDs, I love em
              Capt- glad your okay, how was your toast LOL
              Boss-Day 8 Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats!!
              Christy-Have fun shopping Yaay Day 11 you go girl!
              Savon-I've ordered coke at club, weird at first, then no big deal
              Panacea-Nice to see you
              Evelou-Hello, love to read your post, you are so sweet
              Greeneyes-thats cool you met Britt, I'm gonna meet Det and Morrison in Feb

Whew, I hope that was everyone. To all that are to come...have a wonderful day.

So happy to be a ODATer :l
              AK
              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Good morning all. Finally Day 6 AFfor me. Whoo Hooo!! I have been around here for a couple of years and never quite got it together. Now is the time.

Hey question for Boss.Man. Sleeping while sober...it seems to me now that once I fall asleep I'm out until about 515am. During this past week of not drinking I have "popped" awake at 515 or 520 each morning. When drinking 8 to 12 beers a day, I would pass out on the couch, go to bed and wake about every 2 hours. Have you had a similar experience?
                Have a great weekend y'all.
                Phil
                Love and Peace,
                Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hi ODATers!

Congrats, boss, that's fantastic! I have a hard time getting past 7 days AF, too, I know exactly what you mean. :goodjob:

Very rainy and windy here today. No outside work to be done. Hubby's gone hunting for the weekend, 17-yr-old off doing his thing and my daughter will be going to a b'day party.

OMG, I think I may have time to sneak in a nap! :happy:

Have a great day, ODATERS!
                  Be
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT Saturday

cpn1004;452220 wrote: Sleeping while sober...it seems to me now that once I fall asleep I'm out until about 515am. During this past week of not drinking I have "popped" awake at 515 or 520 each morning. When drinking 8 to 12 beers a day, I would pass out on the couch, go to bed and wake about every 2 hours.
                    My gosh you are lucky, Phil! I went from Nov 15th 2006 to August 2008 with no REM sleep at all. An advanced cold enlarged my throat tissue, and gave me apnea. It turned out I never really got to sleep for more than five minutes because of the apnea. I got dependent to AL because it gave me a semblance of sleep. Only this last January I took action and have since had two surgeries to help re-shape my throat with some success. My AF attempts are still my working on trying to attain normal sleep, and I've met with partial success.

For me, any stretch of 3 hours sleep, without apnea, snoring or waking up, is a total blessing. I sleep in choppy segments, 3 hours, then 2, then 1, then 2. I could never conceive of attaining a full night.

To answer your question: You are most likely popping awake because you are rested enough. AL throws off your circadian rhythm, and it takes a few weeks to regain it. But then again, so does jet lag and staying up late at night, so it's not a huge thing. One way to regain it is simply get up a bit earlier one day, knowing you'll be more tired the next night.

AL induced "sleep" isn't the same as sleep. Although your eyes are closed and your brain is offline, the sleep process that involves REM sleep and storing memories doesn't happen the same way. You may also have secondary problems as I have, with your throat relaxing too much, and also histamine imbalance which gives you night-time post-nasal drip. Your quality of sleep, and also your memories and daytime alertness should reach a totally different level once you get away from AL induced sleep.

All my opinions, of course.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hi guys....

Shopping was fun with my dd. She blew $300 in about an hour! She's my girl! lol....We went and got hallowe'en costumes as well. It was chaos, yet an organized chaos, lol.

I came home but to CLEAN and LAUNDRY. No one was helping me clean, after I got home from groceries and putting them away....so I said, F*&% IT! If they don't care, me neither. Though it is killing me not to get the house clean and the laundry done.

And today for the first time in my 11 days, I feel like heading to the beer store for a 6 pack.

URRGGGGG!!!!!!!
                      AF July 6 2014

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello to all as I wind up this day. Had a couple glasses of wiine, but am doing ok by my mod rules. Things are so much better than Thursday, so I'm off and running! Take care all, w;ill talk to you Sunday or Monday.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hi CPN - you are just below me on the drinker trackers been noticing how well you've been doing. I want o be doing that soon :-) I'm aining to be alc free on weekdays and 5 ish drinks at weekend.

Your are Brilliant

Cheeks

Comment

Working...
                          X