at odds today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at odds today.....

Today started off as a great day then seemed to go downhill. I came home and got upset and frustrated and wanted to go out and buy some beer. I kind of got over it, but and feeling strange tonight. I'm feeling like I would like a couple beers.............

Thanks for listening to me vent....I can't explain it to my husband because he just doesn't get it.
    AF July 6 2014

at odds today.....

Hey Christy, good for you for recognizing and working with this feeling/impulse, and for coming here to talk about it. When things go downhill often my mind will automatically suggest "a" drink... also when things go uphill! It helps so much to recognize that the desire for alcohol is just a mental habit, it will come and go for the rest of our lives... no need to allow it to become bigger or more important than it is...

Comment

at odds today.....

i agree- it is a habit more than a mental need

Comment

at odds today.....

Christy, I'm glad you're here. Don't do it, hon. You'll want more than a couple most likely, then you feel like s*&t tomorrow and you can't take it back. Now's the only time you have control over your impulse, not AFTER you give in to it. Take care, sweetie. This too shall pass.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

at odds today.....

i feel that it is more of a habit-- driving home the same way- picking up a 6- if i take a different route i am ok-- but some days i have that fight in my head to take the diffferent route- i don't even have the drink in my mouth- i just don't want it- but i still have to buy it--i would love if someone could explain that--the though of drinking the beer makes me nauseas- but i still stop and crack one on the way home--back to the habit-don't really want it- but i still do it-- my habit--again- needsomehelp

Comment

at odds today.....

Again, Need, it comes down to breaking a habit, with help. Whatever works for you, find it. There's no magic answer for everyone. My big trigger has always been spending time alone in my cabin. But I can't give up my cabin, so I have to find other ways around it. It's a big challenge. Haven't got it down pat yet, but I'm working on it. I know exactly what you are saying, believe me, but just keep reading here, try the supps, the tapes, whatever it takes to take your life back. Remember, the only time you won't feel bad about your drinking is BEFORE you do it! Lots of Luck!!!!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

at odds today.....

Hey hun! Well done for not buying any. I know how hard it is and it really doesn't getting any easier till your 3rd/4th week AF. I hot my 4 week mark on Wednesday and i'm STILL wanting a drink BUT it is soooo much easier to take your mind off it now without even doing anything. Keep gritting your teeth! Stay awy from the drink, keep busy and stay strong. The strange feeling will past. You're sooo amazing and strong for not giving in!

Comment

at odds today.....

WELL DONE YOU for not giving in!
                Getting that beer would have just given you a bad head and feeling crap and depressed the next day.

I agree, it IS a 'habit' thing though..which is why i tend to drink when things are ok or 'so-so' and completely go off wine when Im going through a personal crisis.
                ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Working...
                X