Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here - Wanted to thank you all!

Hi Summer and WELCOME!!!

I love the idea of the rubber band around the wrist! I am going on 23 days AF (with the help of Antabuse) and I feel great! It really sounds like you are strong and that will help you string lots and lots of AF days together! Good for you! Go ahead and reward yourself, you deserve it!!

Gettingthere

Comment

WElcome Summer,
      This is a geat site as you know if you have been lurking around, I have been AF since 9.4 with the exception of 1/2 glass of red wine a week ago. I hope you are ok from your falls and keep up the great work.
      Help.

Comment

Welcome! I think rewarding yourself with something special, but a reminder is a wonderful idea. You've given me an idea if I can make it to 30 days...something to think about.

Comment

Good morning everyone! Was thinking last night about the rubber bracelet idea and came up with this: How about making a rubber band ball? You know like the ones that can get REALLY big? So I did! Ok, mine is REALLY small at the moment, (10 bands this morning) but hey, acorns and all that! I can look at it, chuck it at the kids/hubby, annoy the cat with it, the possibilities are endless ha ha! It's very visual (even if it's in a drawer it's still staring at me!) and will chart my progress. Plus, if i do fall off the wagon (which i hope i don't) then i'll take bands off. So, overall, hopefully it will get bigger and won't be able to leave the house! It'll have to get it's own sofa!

We should all make one and then we can compare balls!

Hope everyone is well today, am thinking of everyone (while playing with my ball) and hope you all have a positive day.

Summer

Comment

Ha ha Summer... I am loving your attitude and your rubber ball!
            Hang in there you are doing a great job!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Summer - it'll be a race, who can get into the Guiness Book the quickest!:H Put it in the liquor cabinet, there will soon be no room for anything else. :H
              You sound great, that's awesome!

We should collect bracelet ideas and present them to RJ. How about "Stay Strong, Think Positive (tlrgs), Take Your Supps". :H

Wishing everyone here and those who follows a great day! :l
              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Summer

Good job!! I will be thinking about various uses of rubber bands all day!

EG

Comment

Summer, just saw you today. Was gone all day yesterday with 'stuff'. Don't know if you've ever read any of my posts, but I have 2 grown children, 7 g'children. Hubs is very senior in his job, and at convention a few years ago, we all drove to a nice restaraunt where I promptly opened the car door (thank God it was our little sports car, low to the ground!) and fell out on my head in the parking lot. He was humiliated, made excuses while everyone wanted to call 911, and took me back to the condo. I ruined his night, his trip. He was afraid to leave for his meetings, etc. I found MWO last summer, and in late August, we took the trip again, and for the first time, we had a wonderful, sober time. What I'm trying to say in this short story is that after a decade, MWO, and this family changed me, and tho it hurt a little, I LOVE IT! I love being able to drive without fear, wake without guilt. So many things. Explore, read, ask, I think you will learn. And you are welcome here.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

What an inspirational story Ruby. I am AF for 18 days now, and I am already feeling 100% better Inside and Out- I too have done my share of embarassing things- and Chief and Starlight gave me some insight in the chat room at the beginning of my journey- Filled with guilt and self doubt, they told me to focus on the future, and leave the past to die. You are an inspiration to success
                    DLW
                    DLW
                    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                      Today is a Mystery
                      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Working...
                    X