This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool box

Unwasted thank you, and thank you again.
    Nicey your post is inspiring.

I know I joined this forum a while back but it seems I never posted as this shows as my first post. Goodness. I have lurked for years but those posts have really hit home for me and I needed to acknowledge that.

Comment

Tool box

Thoughts at 70 days AF (alcohol free)

Today I'm on day 70 AF.
      That's 10 whole weeks alcohol free!

One of the main benefits ive found is my thoughts are so much clearer and I am so much more positive in myself whereas before I was always a "glass half empty" type of person.

Those in the early stages, keep going, it does get so much easier.

In summary this is what I've found;

Days 1-4 are the hardest, stay busy, just do WHATEVER IT TAKES to remain AF. It won't always be this hard.

Days 5-7 are not easy but probably a little easier than days 1-4.
      For some reason days 4 and 5 are really tough, a lot of people cave at this point - you see it all the time on here. Expect it and it won't de- rail you. Of course it's hard, nothing in life worth having is easy.

Day 8 onwards - it now does get a little easier - you were AF on this day last week too and this does make a huge psychological difference. You MAY be starting to see some health benefits.

Day 20 onwards - it should be considerably easier. You should DEFINITELY be seeing some benefits - physical, mental and financial! You will also be out of the daily routine of drinking.

1 month onwards - it should be better still. You cannot afford to be complacent, (you are still only a drink or so away from relapse) but thoughts of alcohol should be starting to take less prominence in your life.,You will still get the odd craving but you have now got used to dealing with them and it gets easier with every passing day / week. Just keep doing what you are already doing!

It is better to be AF with the occasional craving than a heavy drinker constantly craving to be AF.

Don't quit quitting before the miracles start happening.

Comment

Tool box

Thoughts at 70 days AF (alcohol free)

Today I'm on day 70 AF.
        That's 10 whole weeks alcohol free!

One of the main benefits ive found is my thoughts are so much clearer and I am so much more positive in myself whereas before I was always a "glass half empty" type of person.

Those in the early stages, keep going, it does get so much easier.

In summary this is what I've found;

Days 1-4 are the hardest, stay busy, just do WHATEVER IT TAKES to remain AF. It won't always be this hard.

Days 5-7 are not easy but probably a little easier than days 1-4.
        For some reason days 4 and 5 are really tough, a lot of people cave at this point - you see it all the time on here. Expect it and it won't de- rail you. Of course it's hard, nothing in life worth having is easy.

Day 8 onwards - it now does get a little easier - you were AF on this day last week too and this does make a huge psychological difference. You MAY be starting to see some health benefits.

Day 20 onwards - it should be considerably easier. You should DEFINITELY be seeing some benefits - physical, mental and financial! You will also be out of the daily routine of drinking.

1 month onwards - it should be better still. You cannot afford to be complacent, (you are still only a drink or so away from relapse) but thoughts of alcohol should be starting to take less prominence in your life.,You will still get the odd craving but you have now got used to dealing with them and it gets easier with every passing day / week. Just keep doing what you are already doing!

It is better to be AF with the occasional craving than a heavy drinker constantly craving to be AF.

Don't quit quitting before the miracles start happening.

Comment

Tool box

kentia;1308998 wrote: Unwasted thank you, and thank you again.

I know I joined this forum a while back but it seems I never posted as this shows as my first post. Goodness. I have lurked for years but those posts have really hit home for me and I needed to acknowledge that.
          Thank you Sausage, now I know where to go to find these invaluable tools.:thanks:
          If at first you dont succeed......

Comment

Tool box

kentia;1308998 wrote: Unwasted thank you, and thank you again.

Thank you Sausage, now I know where to go to find these invaluable tools.:thanks:
            If at first you dont succeed......

Comment

Tool box

Was Last Night Really Worth It?

A picture says a thousand words! These images depict exactly how I felt when I was drinking! TRAPED IN AL HELL!

[img][/IMG]

[img][/IMG]

[img][/IMG]

[img][/IMG]

[img][/IMG]
              AF since 3/16/09
              NF since 3/20/07

Comment

Tool box

Was Last Night Really Worth It?

A picture says a thousand words! These images depict exactly how I felt when I was drinking! TRAPED IN AL HELL!

[img][/IMG]

[img][/IMG]

[img][/IMG]

[img][/IMG]

[img][/IMG]
                AF since 3/16/09
                NF since 3/20/07

Comment

Tool box

Hi All
                  Sober those are great pictures showing us a reflection of our lives .
                  What first comes to my mind is the "High functioning alcoholic" label we give ourselves.
                  Really!! Why just because we hold a job. Those pictures sure show how we are detached from the world around us. Not functioning in the relationships that we say are so important. A very selfish way to go through life.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08
                  AF 5-16-08

Comment

Tool box

Hi All
                    Sober those are great pictures showing us a reflection of our lives .
                    What first comes to my mind is the "High functioning alcoholic" label we give ourselves.
                    Really!! Why just because we hold a job. Those pictures sure show how we are detached from the world around us. Not functioning in the relationships that we say are so important. A very selfish way to go through life.

AF 5-16-08
                    AF 5-16-08

Comment

Tool box

Geez!
                      Do I really want to see these? Haven't looked yet. Seeing myself isn't my strong suit...
                      Well, here I go...
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Tool box

Geez!
                        Do I really want to see these? Haven't looked yet. Seeing myself isn't my strong suit...
                        Well, here I go...

Comment

Tool box

Well, I'm pretty much all of them but the last one.
                          But I'm sure I would have ended up there eventually.

I'm also about 11 year of #3...

Thanks Sober for helping me stay that way.

Hugs!

:l

Comment

Tool box

Well, I'm pretty much all of them but the last one.

Hugs!

Comment

Tool box

Kradle123;1339559 wrote: Well, I'm pretty much all of them but the last one.

Hugs!

Ok, I totally suck! How do I find the pictures?
                              Butterbean

Start date: Sunday June 17, 2012
                              30 days AF, DONE!
                              Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Tool box

Kradle123;1339559 wrote: Well, I'm pretty much all of them but the last one.

Hugs!

Ok, I totally suck! How do I find the pictures?
                                Butterbean

Start date: Sunday June 17, 2012
                                30 days AF, DONE!
                                Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Working...
                                X