• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool box

They're on page 20, hon.
    Just go back a page and scroll down.

PS: you do not suck !
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Tool box

They're on page 20, hon.
      Just go back a page and scroll down.

PS: you do not suck !
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Tool box

Those are eye-opening and yes I fit in all categories, but no. 4. I know that I could also have been there. Number two looks like he got into a bar fight, or am I not seeing it properly?

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Tool box

Those are eye-opening and yes I fit in all categories, but no. 4. I know that I could also have been there. Number two looks like he got into a bar fight, or am I not seeing it properly?

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Tool box

Adding this one. Not a pretty sight.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Tool box

Adding this one. Not a pretty sight.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Tool box

LG....Holy Crap!!!! And just think....she thought she was the life of the party...what a waste!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Tool box

LG....Holy Crap!!!! And just think....she thought she was the life of the party...what a waste!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Tool box

I dont know if you will see this GuitarMan, but I really loved reading what you posted from Nice Life. Im 16 months now and starting getting a bit cocky, as well. So this smartened me up. Thanks so much for posting this.
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Tool box

I dont know if you will see this GuitarMan, but I really loved reading what you posted from Nice Life. Im 16 months now and starting getting a bit cocky, as well. So this smartened me up. Thanks so much for posting this.
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Tool box

I think what struck me about the photos was the isolation. That's exactly how I felt...in my own private hell, alone & full of remorse & regret.
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Tool box

I think what struck me about the photos was the isolation. That's exactly how I felt...in my own private hell, alone & full of remorse & regret.
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Tool box

retteacher;1340610 wrote: I think what struck me about the photos was the isolation. That's exactly how I felt...in my own private hell, alone & full of remorse & regret.
                            Me too Retteacher! Not being present. Not living. Very alone, very dark & in hell! My soul had rotted away.

I related to all the pics. My girls were a little older when they saw me passed out with the puke bucket tho. Or praying to the porcelain God. I was drink binging at that time. Later it became daily drinking. Alcoholism is chronic & progressive. When they were older they saw even worse! I'm so grateful to be out of that daily hell!... I never ever want to go back!....

I'm getting a lot out of your posts SoberVistor! I hope you will stick around!

Comment

Tool box

retteacher;1340610 wrote: I think what struck me about the photos was the isolation. That's exactly how I felt...in my own private hell, alone & full of remorse & regret.
                              Me too Retteacher! Not being present. Not living. Very alone, very dark & in hell! My soul had rotted away.

I related to all the pics. My girls were a little older when they saw me passed out with the puke bucket tho. Or praying to the porcelain God. I was drink binging at that time. Later it became daily drinking. Alcoholism is chronic & progressive. When they were older they saw even worse! I'm so grateful to be out of that daily hell!... I never ever want to go back!....

I'm getting a lot out of your posts SoberVistor! I hope you will stick around!

Comment

Tool box

JUNKIE THINKING

JUNKIE THINKING: One drink won't hurt.
                                RESPONSE: One drink will always hurt me, and it always will because I'm not a social drinker. One sip and I'll be drinking compulsively again.

JUNKIE THINKING: I only want one.
                                RESPONSE: I have never wanted only one. In fact, I want 5 or 10 or 15 every day. I want them all.

JUNKIE THINKING: I’ll just be a social drinker.
                                RESPONSE: I’m a chronic, compulsive drinker, and once I drink one I’ll quickly be thinking about the next one. Social drinkers can take it or leave it. That’s not me.

JUNKIE THINKING: I'm doing so well, one won't hurt me now.
                                RESPONSE: The only reason I'm doing so well is because I haven't taken the first one. Yet once I do, I won't be doing well anymore, I'll be drinking again.

JUNKIE THINKING: I'll just stop again.
                                RESPONSE: Sounds easy, but who am I trying to kid? Look how long it took me to stop this time? And once I start, how long will it take before I get sick enough to face withdrawal again? In fact, when I'm back in the grip of compulsion, what guarantee do I have that I'll ever be able to stop again?

JUNKIE THINKING: If I slip, I'll keep trying.
                                RESPONSE: If I think I can get away with one little "slip" now, I'll think I can get away with another little slip later on.

JUNKIE THINKING: I need one to get me through this withdrawal.
                                RESPONSE: Drinking will not get me through the discomfort of not drinking. It will only get me back to drinking. One sip stops the process of withdrawal and I'll have to go through it all over again.

JUNKIE THINKING: I miss drinking right now.
                                RESPONSE: Of course I miss something I've been doing every day for most of my life. But do I miss the pain of drinking right now? Do I miss the worry, the embarrassment? I'd rather be an ex-drinker with an occasional desire to drink, than a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it.

JUNKIE THINKING: I really need to drink now. I'm so upset.
                                RESPONSE: Drinking is not going to fix anything. I'll still be upset; I'll just be an upset drunk. I never have to have a drink. Drinking alcohol is not a need, it's a want. Once the crisis is over, I'll be relieved and grateful I'm still not drinking.

JUNKIE THINKING: I don't care.
                                RESPONSE: WHAT IS IT EXACTLY THAT I THINK I DON'T CARE ABOUT? Can I truthfully say I don't care about my pain? I don't care about having a hangover in the morning? I don't care about what I'm doing to my liver, lungs, kidney, and heart? I don’t care about all the people I’ve hurt. No, I care about these things very much. That's why I stopped drinking in the first place.

JUNKIE THINKING: What difference does it make, anyway?
                                RESPONSE: It makes a difference in the way I live, the way my heart beats, the way I feel about myself. It makes a tremendous difference in every aspect of my physical and emotional health.
                                AF since 3/16/09
                                NF since 3/20/07

Comment

Working...
                                X