Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'VE MADE IT... 30 DAYS TODAY!

Hey everyone!

OH MY GOD, The QUEEN of the slips has somehow, no idea how, MADE 30 DAYS AF!!!! I can not believe it. How the hell did i pull it off!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WOW. I honestly am soo happy i was able to do it. It was sooo hard, infact HELL mainly the second week but the 3rd and 4th week have been fine.

So now i'm sitting here thinking... now what? I really thought i'd feel different in someway. I don't. I still crave, i still want to drink but i can control it now but it doesn't make me feel any different.

Thinking about doing ANOTHER 30 day AF is a really scary thought. What i'm going to do is just take it a week at a time. I have no thoughts or plans on drinking i guess i'm just getting into my head i can do this, i've done 30 days but it hard to imagine i can do another 30. I guess i just feel i can relax now BUT i need to learn to relax and not let that beast anywhere near me and my thoughts. Do you know what i mean? It's hard to explain!

I'd like to thank EVERYONE who took some time out of there days to support me by answer my posts, giving me much needed advice, letting me know i could do this, letting me know i wasn't alone. I honestly couldn't have done it without you all! :thanks:

You are like a big family to me now :H

SO PEOPLE.... NOW WHAT is my question.... What has the next month got in store for me that i should know about? I mean, i've been through the voices in my head, the fights between the good michelle and the devil michelle (like homer has off the simpsons), mood swings, not to mention the uncontrollable FARTS, the Illuminous yellow colour wee (thanx to the supplments) which i swear could have glowed in the dark (should have tested that, DAMN) the sleepless nights WHICH i'm still having HUGE HUGE trouble with... WHAT NOW???

Love ya all XXXXXXX

YAY YOU!!!!!!!!!!! You are just toooooo funny!

I wish I had some words of wisdom for you....All I can tell you is that you inspire me to keep going, and hope that gives you something.
    "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

lil.michelle - I'm sooo proud of you! Very well done!
      I can't tell you what to do, but if I were you, I'd keep going. Don't let today be "permission" to drink. If modding is your goal, distance yourself as far as you can before you try it.
      Again, so happy for you!
      Attached files [img]/converted_files/680792=4249-attachment.jpg[/img]
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

CONGRATS SOOOO GREAT WONDERFUL FANTASTIC! I am only on second week, but I have already noticed more available hours in the day and feel free to drive the car any time of the day or evening. That is a plus. Have you noticed anything of the sort? I hope you just keep on going because it is so good to be FREEEEEEEEE.

Comment

my dear lil M,you expect the same,the thot my dear will never leave ,not in my case,many times ive stopped and still the quetion will remain can or should i,you have to figure tht one out,as far as personality it changes over time,the farts soreness go away,unless you eat somthing tht makes youFART,hahahha,the sleep will come and go,again in time,you have a lott to look forward to,and you have here,a good foundation will never move good luck on 30 more gyco

Comment

Great News

Well done YOU!!! :goodjob:

I'm on one day AF so no concrete advice. I have a lot of trust to rebuild with myself, so if I make it to saying something like this...

[QUOTE=lil.michelle;454855]...i guess i'm just getting into my head i can do this.../QUOTE]

then I would consider that to be the foundation for a very hopeful future. Not only can you do it, you ARE doing it. Just keep it up!

xxx
            :sun:

Comment

:goodjob: Way to Go Michelle. Don't let your guard down. The beast is lurking. There are many great supps to help with sleep. I use Calms Forte and I love it, but there is also Melatonin, Valerian root and a few others. Keep on trucking Girl!!
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

AWESOME! I SAY DON'T STOP NOW, IT ONLY GETS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Fantastic!! Keep going even if it is one DAY at a time. It is so worth it. Take to heart what one2 said. Tis true!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Huge well done Lil Michelle!
                    See you can do it! I'm sure you'll
                    get some good advice soon about
                    the "good voices versus bad voices"
                    You might find some of WIP's thoughts
                    on things helpful.:goodjob: Pan

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE!!! This is a huge achievement for you... no matter what happens you will always know you CAN stop drinking, and live without alcohol. The next step? Maybe to keep up your momentum, stay AF, and learn that you can live WELL without alcohol....

And with more time AF, you can get this thoroughly in your head, the awareness that the cravings are really a very minor aspect of your life, not some all-powerful voice from heaven (or hell) that must be obeyed! and that they pass, and get much weaker, if you continue to refuse to give in to them.

best wishes, good for you!

wip

Comment

Yaa for you Michelle, I am on day 19, and I follow in your footsteps to make it 30 days AF. And from there, LIKE YOU , I will go 30 more - THe beast will always lurk behind me, but MWO and AA is my guardian angel
                        DLW
                        DLW
                        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                          Today is a Mystery
                          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

GREAT JOB, LIL MICHELLE!!!

I HOPE YOU DECIDE TO CONTINUE ON THIS AF PATH-LOVE YA, KRIGS
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hip Hip Hurray, for lil.michelle!
                            You must be soooo proud of yourself. I hope you treat yourself to something nice as a reward. Keep on the path!!
                            xo Peanut

Comment

Big, Big CONGRATS! 30 days is something to be proud of and only you can tell yourself what to do next, but don't be let down or not pat yourself on the back. Just think of that week two or a terrible night sitting there debating. You made it through that and that ain't for nothin! So, if you want to feel different then just feel proud.

Comment

Working...
                              X