Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

:new: Is there anyone out there a complete virgin to this programme, who is starting it exactly like it says in the book, ie, tablets, cd's and starter pack of vitamins etc. If so when are you starting and can we try together?? I am a tad concerned, as I am new here, at how many people seem to be re-starting, does this programme work?? I hope so Ive just spent a fortune ordering all the stuff, perhaps I should have logged on here first??

KW:thanks:
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

KW, I think you will find people in all stages of the program here. What this is not is some miracle panacea for people's alcohol problems where you read a book, pop some pills and are cured. It, like everything else, takes hard work and dedication and you see a lot of people restarting because they are still working hard at putting their program in place. What is easy to overlook is that the people who are starting over are most likely doing A LOT better than when they first started, and instead of drinking everyday may be drinking once a week, once a month, etc.

I think you will find it is all about progress and the goals that YOU set for yourself.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Message received and understood - sorry Gov! Looks like I have a lot to learn!

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Hey KW!

I'm not new, had 2 weeks in Jul and 7 days as of today...but I wouldn't be discouraged about seeing the set backs. It happens in all programs dealing with drugs and alcohol.

I think this program works, but the person is the most responsible. I was doing great in July when after 2 weeks, I thought I didn't need this, I could handle moderate drinking....Why be AF when I didn't have a problem? It had nothing to do with ANYTHING but me. No program could've stopped that train of thought.

The only thing that could completely guarantee that drinking will never happen again, is a someone with me 24/7. I would probably find a way to slip out of that too.

It's in my mind, not so much the program....Just like AA says....Keep coming back! IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT" (my sister was in NA so I learned alot of terms while going to meetings with her!!!)...They can't force you though, and when that "voice" starts talking, saying "its okay, you're fine".....THATS WHEN I NEED TO KEEP COMING BACK HERE!

Please give it a go, and stay here and talk with us. I'm going for GOLD this time!!! My biggest issue will be recognizing the beast's voice in my head.

WELCOME!
        "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Dear Panacea, many thanks, you are very wise! It does feel like a battle every day, I will aim for victory and hope you do too! KW

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

KW, just take it one day at a time and you'll be fine. Read posts, share your thoughts and opinions, and I think you'll find yourself in a world full of people just like you who are working on finding their way out.
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

keepwalking;456498 wrote: Dear Panacea, many thanks, you are very wise! It does feel like a battle every day, I will aim for victory and hope you do too! KW
              Thanks, but that made me giggle!!! Read some of my first postings last week, and you'll see a completely different girl!!!!

Things seem sooo much easier sober, and I do still, (probably always will) wish I could catch that occassional "happy" buzz while out with friends. But that few moments of "happy" while drinking never lasts, and I end up sad, miserable, bitchy, and hungover constantly EVERY TIME!

Good luck to you....I'll be around ALL WEEKEND on and off....so stop by and say Hi, no matter when or if you decide to start. We are here for you.
              "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

It absolutely works for me! It took me a few months of "sorta" trying, but I wasn't 100% committed. I thought a few kudzus here and there would cure me. Once I really set my goals in place and decided I was going to make it work, it did.

There is so much to learn here, especially from those who do have setbacks. #1 is to never give up and never quit trying.
                I wish you much success - and welcome aboard! :welcome:
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Thanks to AA, P and R, I have put you on my buddy list, hope thats ok. You respnded so quickly and i really appreciate it!
                  xx

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Welcome, KW! I agree totally with all you have heard already. Another recommendation would be to find one of the ongoing threads in which there are others working on a goal of staying AF for 30 days or more. For many of us, the goal is AF forever, but we still stick around the threads with people who are just starting, or re-starting. It helps tremendously to be part of a group, and I think that's part of what you were asking about in your first post. There's a thread called AF Army, a November thread, and a daily thread on the Abstinence section, and others as well. Hope to see you there!

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Welcome KW!!

You have made a start by arming yourself with knowledge, supps and the determination to do it.
                      I am sure that you will find someone that is a "virgin" LOL to share notes with. I was very lucky and found amazing friends here who helped me along on my journey.

Read and post daily. It was a huge part of my program to lean on the experience of those that had done it before and also of those that had tried and not suceeded the first time, as it taught me that if I didn't not succeed the first time, to try and try again.

Wishing you all the best on your journey:-)
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Hi, KW! Like Deebs said, posting and reading is big toward helping you stay sober. In general, we're all starting 30 days tomorrow, Nov. 1. Great place to start! And we're all only one drink away, just like you are. You're at the right place. But you do have to participate to get the most benefit! Look forward to chatting with you, and working on this thing together!
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Thank you AWIP, how do I find the threads?

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

OMG how do you start on a saturday?? I can feel a panic welling in my throat! Why does monday seem more manageable, I live for weekend!!

Comment

Are you a 'mwo' virgin?

Hey KeepWalking, of course you can put me on your buddy list. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone you wouldn't want as a buddy, this place is seriously the most supportive, friendly, loving bunch of people you will find! There is always someone ready to help if you need it. Chat can also be very helpful ~ I've been pulled up a time or two and am forever grateful for the strength found here. I'm glad your with us! :h
                              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Working...
                              X