Day 5 and I am Still alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so I am at work. Boss comes to me and hands me a ten dollar gift certificate cause my birthday is in November.. He says, " V, this is for anything in the store( I work with food and wine, aint that a shit) he says," have you tried the new Merlot!!!!!!!!" I have not even considered anything...untill today.. I put the thing in my pocket, told him thanks.. I did not coment futher. But Damn it! guess whats been on my mind.. No ! Hell no! I am not but ...but...but...but O well, we sell coffee too........

Hey vealees!!!! DAY 5 AND STILL ALIVE!!! Yay you! And you can rhyme too...

So you work in the wine business, getting free certificates....and you didn't do it. Be proud friend! Glad to see your doing well and see you around here.

I'm on DAY 8 AND FEELING GREAT!!! Took my daughter to choreography today and when leaving, ran into another Mom, (old friend) and we talked in the parking lot for over two hours!!!! No, "Hey lets get something to eat", (my code words for a glass or two or three of wine!), just sitting down and talking like people do. All these so called normal things that most people do and don't think twice about, AMAZE me now!!!

Keep up the good work, and CONGRATS FOR DAY 5!!!
    "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

Thanks for this post vealees. I need to be prepared for moments like this. Glad you came here to share. Sorry but I had to laugh, I'm newly AF & drinking coffee like it's going out of fashion. Now, big decision here - do you want decaf, regular strength or turbo charged?
      :sun:

Comment

VL, congratulations... and, coffee is GOOD!!

Good for you, too, Pan!!

Comment

Hell yes!! turbo! turbo! turbo!! and you are the only people I care to talk to for a while!!everybody else wants to get me drunk!!! God love em..

Comment

ZOOOOOM!

Hell yes!! turbo! turbo! turbo!!! and as far as holding a conversation with 3D people? I aint interested!!! They only want to get me drunk!!!HA

Comment

Good job Vel
              I love coffee. The stronger the better, and for some odd reason, it takes away my cravings for AL. Hang Tough.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I cant imagine how hard it must be to do your job and stay AF - congratulations!!!
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Good going Vealees. Keep that sense of humour it will help you through!
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Great job!

Comment

not easy

Hey Auntie "M"!! I am also a musician, and you know we don't drink.. HA!!! I am on day seven now. At this point, I am feeling confident and that's not so good for me. I have a tendency to sabotage myself. I do it when I am sober too. It stems from the usual, low self esteem, poor Vealees blah,blah,blah....As I read and lurk through this site, I hear people who just may not make it and I am not talking about drinking. It makes me wonder do I really need to be hear. Am I taking up space that someone on there last, very last leg could use.But then I think,without it, maybe I would be on my last leg...See what I mean...Sabotage!!! Look out for it, it cant be just me that does this to herself.. Thanks for the reply, and wherever you are in your journey, I wish you protection from the....saboteur

Comment

Yes, sabotage is a formidable self-opponent. Distorted thinking. We all have lots of it... good to see you are being so self-aware, and seeing it for what it is. That is very, very important!

It's good that you are here, and good that you are reading a lot of posts. It really helps... sometimes because we learn something about how to "make it." And sometimes, sadly, we learn a lot about what it looks, sounds, and feels like, to stay stuck in a bad situation, and NOT "make it."

wip

Comment

Congrats on Day 5 - hope to get there myself by ... let's see (counting on fingers).. oh yeah.. Thursday

And yes, sabotage is something I'm also familiar with. So is self-fulfilling prophecy.
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                          X