Day One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One

Okay. Tonight's the night. This will be my first AF day in over two years and if I make it through the week, it will be the longest I've been AF in 11 years (aside from pregnancy and the early days of nursing my son). I posted Monday about what a great experience I had talking with my GP. She Rx'd Topamex and Antabuse for me. I started the Top right away, but have been afraid to try the Antabuse. The Top helped a little. On Mon, I had 6.5 drinks, Tues. 6, Wed. I had 5 and Thurs I had 4. I thought I had a pretty neat little system going, that I would eliminate one drink a night, but then after trick-or-treating last night (I put 3 beers in the fridge before leaving) I drank the 3 and then drank 5 more (warm!). I didn't chug them, rather I stretched it out over about 4 hours, but I felt really awful. So today at 12 noon, exactly 13 hours after finishing the last beer last night, I took 500mg of Antabuse. I went to the store and bought a huge variety of NA drinks that I usually never drink. Normally I'm a white wine drinker, but at times I'm a soda/Vodka or tonic/Gin person too so I wanted to have tons of stuff on hand tonight that wouldn't remind me of a taste I'm used to. I bought some of that fancy acai/raspberry juice for 8 bucks for a 24oz bottle. I thought, Hell, I'd spend 20 dollars on a bottle of wine, what's 8 for something that's actually healthy? Anyway, I'm feeling pretty tense and irritable, but I have a huge sense of relief that I can't even touch alcohol. I also have a huge sense of relief that I found this site. For years, I've looked at other AA type websites and forums and have never found one that fit me like this one. It just feels safe here. And it seems like no matter what your story is, we all belong here. So, here's to day one for me and all the others on day one! And here's to everyone on this forum! You're great!:new::l

Day One

Good for you!! Keep posting, let us know how you are doing! You might want to start posting on one of the regular AF threads, too... that can be a huge help! AF Army, November Ass Kickers, the daily abs thread...

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Day One

hi Helpahol,

good on you and I'm at the same place ....... and have also recently had a good talk to my Dr. I'm really keen to do 30 days (starting yesterday) and hopefully more ..... see November a@@ kickers thread. Lets keep in touch!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Day One

Hi Help, sounds like this time you mean it! Good for you! Like the others have said, its good to join a thread for support and extra motivation.
        Oh yeah and take the "If" out of your first line of post. You WILL make it through the week :-)
        Good luck and let us know how you are going.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Day One

Hey Help:

Day one for me too! I joined the November a@@ kickers thread! please join so we can do this together. I am sitting here drinking water and am a little tense also. Doctor prescribed the Antabuse but the pharmacy is out till Monday!!! We can do this all together. Hang in there with me.

Comment

Working...
          X