ODAT - Monday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday...

OK - Up again, as usual, at 4 Bloody AM.

Actually, I kind of like getting up this early. It's like I'm ahead of the game...

Day 6 (I think) - I should've made note of Day 1; now I can't remember. Hey - isn't my memory supposed to be coming back?? LOL

The cooler, drier weather change in FL definitely affects my mood. I wake up HAPPY. (Despite reasons why I shouldn't be so happy...)

I think yesterday kind of put me over a hump in that I barely thought about drinking... OK, a couple times! But the urges are getting less frequent and less strong.

Just wanted to mention that for anyone on Day 1, 2, 3... I know it's been said, but it's good to hear OVER and OVER: IT GETS BETTER!! So hang in there.

(Always easy to give Others advice - lol!)

Have a great day, everyone!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Monday...

Good morning!!!

Day 20! And today is the day I will start exercising! I will do 30 mins on my treadmill.....not much but certainly a start....

I have a somewhat busy day today...take Mom to physio, get a new dr for hubby, eye dr for kids, and work at 2-9:30pm.....tomorrow I am off.....so I will relax then .

Savon, I have noticed to that we seem to have the odd fleeting thought of drinking...MOST times it's gone as fast as it come into my head......does that mean I am getting better?

I will check in before I go to work......I hope Savon, you and all those to come have a wonderful day!

Christy
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Morning everyone - well this damn cold finally hit me - HARD. So I am calling in today - I really shouldn't be, I am so busy at work but the fact is I probably should have rested up and taken a day before now and then I wouldn't be as sick as I am today. So If I don't take care of myself soon, I will have this forever......

I hope everyone has a great day!

Love and hugs,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

hi ODATers!

Greetings from the depth of the UK's half term school holidays...... agh!

Still attempting moderation with af days inbetween and some weeks better than others but at least better than last year or even 6 months ago.

Luv to all
        Bx

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Good day all

savon - glad to hear you're HAPPY!
          chrisy - so well done on 20 days! Enjoy your exercise, I'll be with you in spirit, ha!
          uni - sorry you feel so rough, glad you've got a day off though. Keep snug & warm x

I'm just waiting for the coffee to kick-in & then hopefully I'll get off my arse & on with some chores. A breezy grey day here but always feel better for some fresh air. Had a tempting moment yesterday. Needed milk & cigs & only place open was the off licence. Was actually holding a 1/3 bottle wine & seriously considering buying it. So we had a wee chat, me & the bottle. Told it about a few people here, what they're going through, how kind they've been to me. Found myself smiling as I put it back down. Think humour is going to be a big help for me...

Good wishes to all for this day
          Gold
          :sun:

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Hey Goldie good for you! It's when I'm most tempted in a supermarket or corner shop cos that's when I used to do my secretive buying - Cool work being able to walk away from that

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

GoodAsGold;459061 wrote: Good day all

savon - glad to hear you're HAPPY!
              chrisy - so well done on 20 days! Enjoy your exercise, I'll be with you in spirit, ha!
              uni - sorry you feel so rough, glad you've got a day off though. Keep snug & warm x

I'm just waiting for the coffee to kick-in & then hopefully I'll get off my arse & on with some chores. A breezy grey day here but always feel better for some fresh air. Had a tempting moment yesterday. Needed milk & cigs & only place open was the off licence. Was actually holding a 1/3 bottle wine & seriously considering buying it. So we had a wee chat, me & the bottle. Told it about a few people here, what they're going through, how kind they've been to me. Found myself smiling as I put it back down. Think humour is going to be a big help for me...

Good wishes to all for this day
              Gold
              Good job GOLD!!!!!! Always good to have that little crazy chat with the bottle. We tend to win when we take that time. It's the times when you don't that we have to worry about!!!!

Amazing job!!!!
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Mad Mummy;459072 wrote: Hey Goldie good for you! It's when I'm most tempted in a supermarket or corner shop cos that's when I used to do my secretive buying - Cool work being able to walk away from that
                Thank God we don't have booze and beer in the grocery store!!!! Things would be much more difficult!!!!
                AF July 6 2014

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Hello to all
                  didn't do to well yesterday. had a weak moment and drunk so i feel awful today but i will not drink today. hope everyone has a great day.
                  :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                  ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Morning Everybody!

Savon, I know that happy feeling - nice, isn't it?

Christy - tomorrow is 3weeks for you!! Yea!

Uni - If you have fresh ginger, slice some up and make a hot tea with some honey and drink it while you take a hot bath. Being sick is such a drag.

MM - Hey, progress is progress!

Goldie - Humor is big for me too.

1more - Take care of yourself today and meet that goal!

It's breezy chilly and overcast here today. but yesterday was beautiful and sunny and (drumroll) I MOWED THE GRASS!!I got just what I needed which was an immediate, visible sense of accomplishment from my efforts. In many things we do, that isn't there. sometimes being sober is one of them.

Have a good day those above and those to come!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Good morning ODATers,

I'm getting a late start posting as work is so busy today. I'm feeling overwhelmed and need to slow down as stress leads to drinking and I'm day 2 AF and am going for a 7 day stretch...with my husband for the first time in 20+ years. I'm posting a separate thread. I'm gonna need some help with this. Seriously.

Congrats, goldie, you beat me to the lawn! Mine's still waiting and it looks like it's not going to be today, either.

Everyone sounds good, please don't beat yourself up too much 1more. I'll be thinking of you today.

Take care, :l
                      Be
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

thanks for the encouragement greene and becoming me. i will take care of myself today and move on. i will not let this slip take over.
                        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                        ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Hi ODATers

Haven't been able to check in as my computer at home is down. Hope you all had a great weekend. I will try to read back and catch up on how you are all doing.

As for me Day 7!! I have changed my routine from diving into the bottle to diving into the pool. My son and I are swimming almost daily. Even went as far as joining the local health club....what, me exercise? WTF? I would have never guessed. LOL

As the hypno tapes say....I am entering a new phase of my life. AND LOVIN IT!!

Have a great Monday ODATEers!!

:lAK
                          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Goodmorning - or afternoon, I should say.

I want to join you guys in your success. Day 2 here, and am hoping for AF November.
                            I have to ask if any of you have even suffered from anxiety attacks. I have heard of them, but never really experienced it myself. But I had the worse experience yesterday, while driving out of Calgary to come home. There are these huge freeways running through that city, and I was in the outside lane, and suddenly had this weird tremor and felt like I was going fall or crash or something. It was happening to me on the treadmill last week and I kept having to jump off to the side - very strange feeling. Anyway, it got so bad, I knew I had to pull over, but where?!?! My heart was racing, I was hyperventilating, surrounded by traffic all going 100k - I was so terrified - and suddenly there was a small gravel area open to the side and I managed to pull over and stop. I had to lay in the back seat and got a terrible stomach and head ache and was so frightened and terrified of the road the whole way home!!! Wanted to stop in a motel for the night as I was so scared of driving at night - it took us 7 hours to drive and today I am really sick feeling with a headache and upset stomach.

I wonder if I have a flu bug or if anxiety attacks like that usually leave a person feeling sick for a while. Not sure, as I know nothing about it!! Must search the internet for information.

So that's it. No more drinking for me, not after all the wine and the 3am salsa dancing party! Boy - what a bunch of maniacs! But a gorgeous day in Calgary on saturday spent with my (now) 19yo daugher and followed by a big lasagne dinner I made with my two siblings' families who live there.

Back to regular life and the battle ahead. It's quiet - I'm home - maybe I will lay and listen to the CD's to give me added strength!!

Love to you all!
                            Peanut

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

akgirl, you've reached my goal, congrats! Peanut, I'm day 2, also. It sounds like a panic attack to me. I've had 3 of them and now realize they were alcohol related. It scared the crap out of me, they were so bad. Being AF and taking supps has stopped them. I still have issues with anxiety but the less I drink and the more I stick with the program, the less anxiety I have. I just need to incorporate exercise and I hope to do that soon. I'm giving up on the wine for 7 days, too, and am making homemade applesauce for my family. Comfort food, eh?!

Take care,
                              Be
                              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                              X