ODAT - Tuesday (ELECTION DAY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - not sure why I would be the first one to post... since it's after 9 AM.

I'm calling today - Day 7 (ONE WEEK)... but it could be Day 6 or 8...!! :H

Close enough.

I don't know about the rest of you (and I know some here are not US Citizens), but I am feeling the Excitement. It is Historical.

I hope I can stay up late enough to hear results...

Have a great day all - and VOTE, if you haven't already! It really is an Honor to vote, whether or not "your" candidate wins or not...
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Can't wait to get my daughter off to school so me and hubby can go vote. hehe!!!! This is the most exciting election. I can't believe how many people are excited about this one. It's in the air and invigorating.. Anyways...
    Congrats on your week!!! I have a week too, and my buddy-ro, who should be here soon has a week too!!!! Yay for all of us.
    MM

Comment

To all my American friends - go VOTE!!

I am excited about this election as well and I don't even get a say. But I am encouraged by my US counterparts.

I hope everyone is doing well today - I decided to call in again and take another day so that I can truely get over this cold. Feel a little bad because I am not one to call in sick but I am really feeling crappy so, what ya gonna do.......

Take care all,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Yes - have a great day at the poles, all youse Americans! I am really veryinterested in how it will all turn out!!!

Uni - don't feel bad about the sick day - just rest and get over your cold. I took one yesterday as I was feeling so wretched. I am quite convinced now that my panic attack was AL related. That BF of mine must have asked be 5 times last night if he should "go to the store" for me - NO NO NO!!!! Then he came home and said he had something for me behind his back - I swear, had it been wine I would have drank it against my own will, that's how weak I am - but it was a handful of rockets (you know, those little halloween candies). Thank goodness for that!!! I am afraid I might have gone overboard with the wine saturday - maybe I poisoned myself, thus the physical breakdown and panic. Aiy!!! Why do we do this to ourselves - well, to myself anyhow! Everybody seems to be having alot of success here.

Well - day 3 for me, still headachey but hopefully can get to the pool tonight for a swim. I am having a mole removed tomorrow and might not be able to swim for a bit. I do hope it is not cancer. My ex had one removed this past year and it was, not melanoma, but the other one (will have to look that up again). I am actually really very nervous about this!!

So happy tuesday to all ODATers today.
        xoxoxo Peanut

Comment

congrats, savon!
          mm, my husband told me he might not vote! I am so disappointed! I tried not to show it but...we are so lucky to have this opportunity. I'll be taking my 12-year-old with me so she can see the process.
          uni, feel better :getwell:
          peanut, I'm a mole magnet now and get them removed all the time. None cancerous yet so I'll send my mole guardian your way! :l
          Day 3 AF for me (and my non-voting grrrr hubby).

Take care, ODATers! Love ya!
          Be
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Thanks Be - here's to day 3!!!

Comment

You're darn right, buddy!!! Are we up for day 4?
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

You betcha babay!!!

Comment

45 days here. It seems very normal not to drink now. I am starting a new job tonight waiting tables at a very nice sports grille and pub. I haven't worked for almost 5 years! It will just be part time, nights and weekends but I'm hoping I can make mountains of money. I'm really excited.

Comment

Fabulous news noma'am!!! Just think of all the new clothes for your fabulous AF bod!!!! I do hope you are feeling happy - this will keep you busy and out of trouble???

Since I have been drinking more lately (since August), I've gained 8lb almost!!! I want to be AF this month and hope to get rid of that once again. I do believe I've carried an extra 10lb around with me solely from wine consumption!!! Another evil side affect of being a wino. This will stop!!!

peanut

Comment

noma'am;460213 wrote: It seems very normal not to drink now.
                      I can't wait til I feel that way!!

Startting day 8!!! And yes I voted, damn proud too!! (about both)

Happy Tuesday ODATers!! Hope you all have a wonderful day. I will check in later:l
                      AK
                      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Afternoon kids!

Day 21 for me!!!! This is the longest in quite some time. I am so very pleased! Only 9 days for my 30AF! The funny thing is, my topa is expected to arrive this week! I debated whether I should take it, but I think I will as the holidays are fast approaching and the tempatations will be arising!

I was watching the tv about voting day today while I was getting my nails done--a reward for my 21 days and going to the dentist--uurrggg. They were saying that in some areas, there was a 2-3 hour wait for voting! Wow! This really is a historic event and everyone wants to take part. Regardless of who wins, it will be history in the making, the first Afican American president or the first female VP. Very cool! I also heard that it may be possible that the results may not be in until tomorrow.....due to such an overwhelming response at the polls. We never have that many voting here in the great white north!!!!

Well, I hope all is well.....I am kicking back this afternoon before getting the girls from school.......though, I have what feels like 5000 loads of laundry!!!!
                        AF July 6 2014

Comment

Good afternoon everyone
                          Happy election day to all. I voted earlier and thank God I didn't have to wait to long. This is historical no matter what happens; I just hope we don't have to go through another "2000" with a recount and the differenct chads (what a nightmare).

Well I went to see my doctor today and finally got the courage to tell her. She was very supportive and willing to prescribe the compral which she says is well tolerated by the majority of people that take it. She also recommended a therapist and so I'm on my way to finding my way out. It was a relief to finally tell her. I see her again in a month after I see the therapist. She's suggesting I wait until I see the therapist to determine if I should get on some kind of anti-depresent and or the compral. In the mean time, I'll start my kudzu and l-glut again. Wish me luck. Hope everyone reaches their goal for the day ODAT!:l

Hope you feel better soon Uni and congrats to everyone on their AF days. I know I will reach my healthy living goal.
                          :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                          ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Good for you 1more!!! You should be proud of yourself

Wishing you TONS of luck and sending positive vibes :l
                            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Thanks akgirl, the positive vibes are always welcome here.
                              :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                              ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Working...
                              X