Please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me

The book, the supplements and keep reading and posting. As you go along keep talking about what your feeling, what you're struggling with and the joys and triumphs along the way. All this will help keep your resolve and when it gets tough there is support too.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Please help me

evielou;462585 wrote: I don't know what is true for you, but for me...I DRINK BECAUSE I HAVE THE DISEASE OF ALCOHOLISM.Any alcohol in me and then THE DRINK STARTS TO TAKE ME, I no longer have a choice in the matter.As long as I keep AL out, I am in control...AL in, I have no more say in the matter.I will drink until I am drunk....
      Hi thanks for the contact I have the same DISEASE as you ALCOHOL rules my life. But at least we know we have a problem and are trying to sort it out !!!!!! please keep in touch !!As I think we with this problem need to talk about it don't you. xx

Comment

Please help me

Hi Oldrover, and welcome! Buying the book is a great start, read posts, know you are not alone, and if you want to start collecting some of the supplements like kudzu and L-glutamine, some vitamins like I use the all-one powder drink, really helps to put back some of the nutrients we may be lacking because of drinking. Most of all, stick around!
        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Please help me

A question I have asked myself a million of times. One or two drinks make me feel beautiful, funny, etc. but then after that it is purely habit and then of course self loathing that I do not have control over my life. Whiskey is my downfall too!
          :new: Jas56

Comment

Please help me

Suzanna;462599 wrote: Hi Oldrover, and welcome! Buying the book is a great start, read posts, know you are not alone, and if you want to start collecting some of the supplements like kudzu and L-glutamine, some vitamins like I use the all-one powder drink, really helps to put back some of the nutrients we may be lacking because of drinking. Most of all, stick around!
            Hi Suzanna
            It's great to know I'm not alone in this world with my problem !!! This site is helping me no-end !!! Never heard of KUDZU wot is that please ????
            Please keep in contact :thanks:

Comment

Please help me

Jas56;462618 wrote: A question I have asked myself a million of times. One or two drinks make me feel beautiful, funny, etc. but then after that it is purely habit and then of course self loathing that I do not have control over my life. Whiskey is my downfall too!
              Hi Whiskey is the down fall of most people !!! Me included I don't know wot i'm saying or doing after a few !!!!!!!!! Stay with this site It's helping me. Just waiting for the book to be delievered. keep in contact we can help each other.:welcome:

Comment

Please help me

Kudzu is an herbal supplement, the chinese have used it for centuries to help with alcohol cravings, now we have it in capsule form and the one they sell on this site is high quality and really helps. L-glutamine is another supplement you can get here or at your health food store, when cravings strike, you can empty the capsule under your tongue and it really does help with the on the spot craving! You can really get through the early days with that one. xoxo Suz
                The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Please help me

Welcome...
                  i feel as if we are in the right place. so nice to know we are amongst people who understand. I have not quit drinking yet. I did finally see a counselor with who I was honest about my drinking. she wants me to see a doctor for blood work. she is afraid to see me stop cold turkey. Afraid of seizures,etc. I am working up my guts to see a doctor. Sounds like many people don't wean down on this site so i just want to stop. Have you seen a doctor??
                  i wish you well. We have made a good step to be here now and I wish you well

Comment

Please help me

Welcome Rover
                    Glad u are here. You have taken the very important "first step". Stick around. I look forward to getting to know you.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Please help me

Hi
                      Thanks to everybody its helping talking to you.
                      I'm still trying to get my head around that I have finally admitted I have a problem !!
                      I will be more talkative soon please keep the messages coming.
                      Thanks again.

Comment

Please help me

Thanks

Seacailin;462804 wrote: Welcome Rover
                        Glad u are here. You have taken the very important "first step". Stick around. I look forward to getting to know you.
                        Thanks for helping I will become more talkative soon I hope.
                        I'm still trying to adjust to people knowing my problem.
                        Thanks again :thanks:

Comment

Please help me

O.R., what do you see as the "next step" that you will take, to help you get over this problem?

wip

Comment

Please help me

Hi Old Rover,
                            I don't know the "why" either but I'm sure ready to get on with the "what next". I'm new here and I'm already finding way more support and hope than I've had in a long, long time. We'll walk this road together. I'm not nearly as alone as I thought I was..that in and of itself is a huge help. I'm putting my plan together today. I really can't stand this anymore. This seems to have been the right place for me to come. It will be for you too...see you around......Arwen

Comment

Please help me

Hey there, OldRover. I'm new here myself. Glad to see I'm not the only one! From what I've seen so far, this is a great site for support and compassion! I have asked the same "why" question myself, and am always stumped. I suppose I have to agree with EvieLou, that the reason is, I'm an alcoholic. I'm drinking a great deal less now, but still more than I'd like. I just work on it day to day.

Comment

Please help me

:welcome: OldRover!

:goodjob: on being able to say that you have a problem.

We ALL have a problem but we are learning that it does not have us!

Nancy
                                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                                X