Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i will need help

Mike,

The no sleep thing is natural. You are coming off a drug that helped you fall asleep. If you are like me, though, I always woke up when I was coming to. The sleep from alcohol is not a good sleep.

You could try some of the things people here have done. Benadryl, Melatonin, Valerian, etc. Benadryl knocks me for a loop. It is like alcohol. I sleep but it is a drugged sleep.

Melatonin works great for me after the first 5 days. The first 5 days were horrible. Like Chief says, "Just pretend you have the flu, it will pass."

He is right. It passes and then suddenly you are really sleeping. The real sleep is amazing. It really is.

Today, I sometimes suffer insomnia, but no different from any non drinker. I do not fall into bed blacked out, horribly drunk, only to wake up with the headache, body aches, and the awful feeling of anxiety and self-loathing.

Sonetimes I sleep well and sometimes I don't. However, when I do sleep, it is a good and restful sleep.

Hang in there!!
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

i will need help

Welcome! You've made a step in the right direction and no one here is going to pass judgement if it takes you a while to get up the courage to stop. You have to do what is right for you on your own terms. There are people here who are alcohol free, attempting to go alcohol free and some who are just modifying . I agree with everyone who has recommended the book and supplements. What ever you chose, the first thing is to stop kicking yourself and feeling bad about yourself, that won't give you the confidence to move forward. It helps to realize that like the rest of the world that your not perfect - but you're not horrible either. More importantly - you are not alone. When I finally found this place, just realizing that there were other people out there was an awakening. I stopped thinking I was this horrible person, a troll who had to hide because she was a slave to alcohol. I'm not necessarily proud mind you, but I am not ashamed anymore either. Best to you, hope to see your posts more!

Comment

Working...
      X