My first day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first day

Hello everyone. This site is exactly what I need. I have been a daily drinker for close to 4 years. I am so sick of not remembering what the hell happened the night before. Im sick of waking up and feeling like crap, and trying to function at work. I have 2 boys that I need to set an example for and I haven't been doing a very good job of that. I am hoping to beat this thing along with everyone here. I really need some encouraging words, because I am not feeling so good about myself. :new:
    Smookie

My first day

Welcome! Glad you are here, ready to "beat this thing"! Lots of us arrived here when we became sick of the same stuff you are sick of. Do some reading, put together a plan, gather up all your determination, ask questions, and let us know how you are doing, OK?

wip

Comment

My first day

Smookie
      First I would like to say Welcome. You have foung a great site with alot of people who can understand how you feel. I can relate to you since I also have two boys who need to see me set aa good example. It is very easy to feel badly about yourself when you are drinking daily and feel like you can not get out of the routine. You can turn your life around and set that example for your boys. Read and post. Get the book and read it. Come to chat and meet others who you can relate to. And most of all do not give up.

Comment

My first day

Hello and Welcome
        Many of us have been where you are. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have had long stretches AF, so I know that it can be done. It is very difficult at times, but there is lots of great advice and support here, so stick around.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

My first day

Hey Smookie and welcome,
          That was one of my main reasons for wanting to be AF, to set a good example for my kids. Just stick around, read, post, get the book, and start up a plan. A plan is so important. You can do this.
          MM

Comment

My first day

Hi Smook,

I think a lot of us are Mom's here and we all want to do the right thing for our kids. It's great to know your not alone in this and what happened yesterday is gone we only have the future to look forward to and the power to change it. Hope to read more of your posts and wish you success soon. It CAN be done there are MANY HERE that are proof.

:welcome:

Mich
            :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
            AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

My first day

welcom smookie,as everyone said lots of support,gyco

Comment

My first day

Welcome
                I too am a mum and am doing this not just for me but also for my children. This site is great, just read around, post, explore the tools available. Let us know how you do. There's always someone here for you 24/7 because we're all over the world and you'll "meet" people whom you can so relate to.
                Good luck - look forward to hearing how you do

Comment

My first day

Hello and yes, a mom here too wanting to set a better example. You've done a great thing by coming here. Good luck to you, you can do this! :welcome:

Comment

My first day

Welcome! :wings:
                    :l
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

My first day

Welcome Smookie!

You will find a lot of people here wanting the very same thing, more out of their life....how we got here is invariably different, however, we are all here. I, too, am a mom of three daughters, and while they drive me to want to drink, I have remained AF for 23 days now......something I was so very unsure I would be able to do, but HAVE! If not for the love and support of the people on this site, and my hubby, I wouldn't be here.....that coupled with the fact that I want a better life for my daughters....I don't want them growing up with a drunk, like I did.......

So good job! You have made the first step and it's all baby steps! If you need us, we are always here for you!!! ALways remember that.......

Christy
                      AF July 6 2014

Comment

My first day

Welcome, smookie! :welcome:

Yes, I feel the same way about this site. It's certainly been a life saver for me. I have two children, too, and with the help of this program and the wonderful support here, I can now say I take great care of them and am a great mom. I understand. We are here for you.

Becoming :l
                        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

My first day

Hi Smookie and :welcome:

I also wanted to quit drinking and smoking to be a good example for my 2 sons. So far, so good. I want them to make good choices because of me, not in spite of me. I am a much, much, much better mom sober. (most of the time):H

Please stick around!
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

My first day

Smookie, welcome! great chatting with you.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

My first day

Determinator;461662 wrote: Smookie, welcome! great chatting with you.
                              Det, I just LOVE your new avatar... very bad. Very funny.

Smookie, how are you doing today???

wip

Comment

Working...
                              X