Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd to be on the Other end of the phone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been sober a bit over a week now (hangin' on by a thread!)...

But it was interesting when a gf of mine called last night, and I could tell she had been drinking. Normally, I would have been, too. But I was sober, and while she didn't say anything "wrong" (she wasn't Drunk, just affected?), but she sure Rambled!!

It really became boring, and I found myself trying to think of a way to get off the phone!! I love this friend to pieces, btw, and we've had what I thought were GREAT conversations in the past when we both were drinking... ('Course, I can't remember most of them!!)

Of course, this makes me think about all the times I've called people when I've been drinking (mostly to Excess). They probably were dying to get me off the phone, too.

How Awful. Embarrassing!!

This will be my Inspiration to stay sober today!!

(OK - The Demon just said, "well, Fine, then. You could always drink and just not CALL anyone!!" OMG. Hope it won't be a day of Struggle!)
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Oh Savon, you just made me laugh! So true about the boring rambling drunks and yes how embarrassing.
    Tell your demon to F**K off!!!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
    X